Sound pool and +Drive blank

I’ve recently just got Overbridge and Live up and running on my Macbook and I’m noticing that the sound browser slots are showing empty, even though there’s definitely sounds in the sound pool and +drive on the AR.

I was using Overbridge on a pc before and I could just scroll through the plus drive, drag files etc as it should be.

Anyone know what’s going on here? I did a search on here and can’t seem to see the issue.

Did you sync your RYTM to Overbridge and have it in Overbridge USB Mode ?

Yes, everything else is fine, I can tweak away at the kits, automate performance etc but when I click on the sound browser there’s just nothing there.

Still sounds to me like Total Recal session is inactive in your device settings and sync automatically on save is not set up in your editor preferences.
If it is on power up and loading a project it asks you on your A4/RYTM to use Overbridge Sync mode and when you hit yes it syncs everything and all others drive sound library banks are accessible.
In fact on your screen capture you can see that your MACHINE STATE TOTAL RECALL settings are NOT activated.

Ah, I see. I thought Total Recall was only if you wanted it to remember all the settings next time you loaded it up. I don’t remember having to do this before, but it was the previous OS then, has this changed?

Ok so I’ve done all that and I’m still getting an empty sound pool

Perhaps someone with Rytm can pipe in here as my A4 didn’t show the +Drive sound library until I had done all of the above.

Thanks.

No one out there had this issue?

Hey I was confused about this as well. The sound bank isnt for samples, its for synth presets… What youre looking for is the sample section per drum. Click the numbered heading right above the waveform and then click the tiny “sample library” to the right of ‘select sample slot’. From here you can swap the samples from the +drive. I wish elektron would make this a bit easier to find and manage, but there you go!

No I think you misunderstand. I know where to get the samples on overbridge that works fine. It’s my stored sound presets I’m looking to drag and drop but they’re nowhere to be seen on overbridge.

Anyway, Simon got back to me saying it may be a bad sync and to try a factory reset, I’ll try that tonight and report back here for future reference.

1 Like

Youre right, I was too enveloped in my own issues to not see you weren’t having the same problem I was. My bad. I’ll play around with saving some patch sounds and see if I have any trouble importing them.

Nope, the reset didn’t work unfortunately.

I’m having the exact same issue with an Analog Four. Sound Browser is completely blank. OverbridgeSync/TotalRecall have no affect.

First time running OB on this computer, Fresh install of Overbridge, OS X 10.11, Logic X.

(In fact, the Kit Editor page was all defaults, with the kit’s 4 track sounds named “NEW SOUND” which was not the current state of the A4. Doing a kit reload forced an update to the kit in Overbridge, but this didn’t affect the sound browser tab. That’s still empty.)

Just got interesting: I still have the blank browser problem on one Mac (2009 Mini), but it’s working perfectly on a different Mac (2011 MBA). It works despite not using the “OverbridgeSync/TotalRecall” so that function does not appear related to this problem.

Both Macs have same versions of OS X, Logic X and Overbridge control panel.

A4 comes up in the OB control panel on both just fine.

Launching OB plugin in Logic shows different results, one’s good, the other’s not.

I’ll keep digging…

Addition: Compared console log files as OB control panel launches and A4 is aquired. nothing significantly different.

Interestingly mine is a mid 2009 Macbook too. Simon advised me to re-install Overbridge, still no luck though.

I can still use all the other benefits of Overbridge, unfortunately just don’t have the convinience of drag and drop sounds.

Did you ever get this sorted? I’m having the same problem.

No. I got a new I-mac and it works fine on it though. I’m thinking it’s a compatibility problem with the sync on older models. What system do you have out of interest?

Hello

I have same problems like user Dapifer…but only with Sound pool on AR , A4 …

brand new mac IOS 10.11.6 original Ableton 9

plzz help me :slight_smile:

message from Elektron on Facebook_

Please contact Elektron support to get assistance with this, log in with your account on elektron.se and register a support ticket through the account pages.

1 Like

Did anyone figure out a solution for this?

Sound banks aren’t loading on my 2009 iMac 10,1 running El Capitan (I’ve tried everything), but they load fine on my older 2008 Macbook 5,1 running 10.7.5… Elektron support says it’s an issue with Intel Core 2 Duo processors, but that makes no sense since both computers run on those. Looks more like a compatibility issue with El Capitan, doesn’t it?

(Or could it be that Intel Core 2 Duo, El Capitan and OB are a bad combo for some reason? Yet somehow an obsolete version of OSX is fine… shrug)

1 Like