Sound design help

I love the chords that come in around 4.45. Any tips how to get that sound? I have a digitone and Nord lead A1

Two square oscillators, lots of noise, one oscillator playing the octave, slight detune with LFO, some PWM, long release, lush reverb.

2 Likes

The sound reminds me of flutes being played with a touch of too much of breath. Maybe it’s a sample after all?

TBH my first approach would be to try this with a Roland D-50 or a synth, which has samples to overlay the synth part, or has a particular strength to generate a bottle-blowing sound.

Maybe that it can be done on the digitone with two of the operators (A/C) responsible for that melodic flute-ish tone and have the other two (B1/B2) producing this “breath” sound.

There’s a patch on DN that sounds similar to this (of course I can’t think of its name right now!) which with the feedback turned up would be even closer. I will endeavour to remember to check it out later and report back.

1 Like

Sweet. Let me know the name!

On the Nord LeadA1, start an initial patch, set your envelopes to taste, turn on Ensemble and a little Reverb (hall2), then step through the Digital OSC waveforms playing a few chords till something sounds right and take it from there. Layering 2 or more slots slightly modded will give it that natural ensemble effect.

1 Like

Ever locate that patch name?

Oh shit. Sorry mate I forgot!!! Let me get on it tonight!

1 Like