Sound banks order

Hello guys,
I own an analog rytm mk1 since 3 years now. I always used the sound banks for each track as I found them. This means I can use sound bank A, B, C etc depending if they are activated for that track. In the past I thought there’d be a correspondence between the sounds in the banks and the track. For example if I’m using the HT track I should find in each activated bank some hi hat sound. What I find is a mix of different sounds, sometimes for some track there are more different sounds that the ones I suppose to find. I don’t know if this mix of sounds charged in each bank is due to some sounds pack loaded in the past. What I would like to know if it is possible to order the sounds in each bank, moving them from a bank to another one and if there is a logic in sounds loading in each bank. I would also like to know if there are specific sound packs to acquire since the ones I analyzed are mainly composed by samples and not sounds.
Thank you

there isn’t you need to browse the many many threads explaining what a kit is and how sounds should be thought about

sounds on the +drive are only there, once you load into a track, they are now entirely in teh kit and divorced from the original

if you load sounds into the pool for the project then a sound can be used as a sound lock in tracks

there’s no connection between the +drive banks and the pattern banks

but it’s best to browse the existing threads

you can for your own benefit curate the sounds easily into banks if that helps your workflow, but you have 128 projects all using a pattern bank A e.g. so how do you proceed to manage that, especially as they disappear into kits

it seems more sensible to get on top of the general architecture esp Kits, then figure the best way to keep sounds stored using the plus drive, project pools and especially within kits

What I don’t understand is why I cannot load a sound that is in the library in a specific track even using the sound manager. If i have a sound from a pack that is tagged as “tom” and it sounds like a tom, why I cannot load it in a BT,LT,MT and HT track?
For example i would like to order the sounds in a way I can find all the TOM i can load in the relative tracks. Actually it seems i cannot order the sounds as i said and i cannot load them in the proper tracks

I might be misunderstanding your question but here goes: Each track on the Analog Rytm is constrained by the underlying analog engine for that track, which is different for a lot of them. This means that you cannot load a kick preset on track 5 since that don’t have a kick analog engine. You can, however, load it on, for example, track 1.

This is why not all presets shows up as alternatives for all tracks.

If I’ve understood correctly, the possibility to reproduce a sound on a track is connected to its characteristic, not to tag or position in the banks. Is this the reason why most of the sounds are kicks, hihats, snares etc and there are few tom sounds? As you explained to me, it seems that for track 5 to 8 samples are more suitable
Thank you for clarify

Exactly. If you go into a certain track and then double tap the “scr” button, you’ll see which analog engines are available for that track. For example, for track 5, you can see that you have three engines to choose from: BT CLASSIC, NOISE GEN, and IMPULSE (DISABLE just means that you turn the analog engine off). If you check track 6, you can see that instead of BT CLASSIC, you have XT CLASSIC. This means that a patch created with BT CLASSIC can be loaded to track 5 but not to track 6 and that a patch created with XT CLASSIC can be loaded to track 6 but not to track 5.

I think the reason why there are a lot of kick sounds and not so many tom sounds is that there are a ton of different kick engines and only two tom engines (go to track 1, 2, 3, or 4, which all have the kick engines and check how many different options there are). This means that you run out of options quite fast with the toms (meaning that there will be fewer patches for toms) compared to kicks (for which there are more patches). But you could of course create a lot of different tom patches, only problem being that they probably would sound kinda the same.

This comes down to preference. Since track 5 to 8 have so few analog engines, I find them less interesting, and I usually don’t need to use them all. Therefore, it feels quite natural to sacrifice one of these channels to play samples rather than one of the first four tracks which all are very versatile and sounds really nice (I wouldn’t mind having even more tracks with these engines).

Hope that clears things up a bit!

1 Like

I can recommend to copy the sounds into banks that correspond with the machines/pads that are able to play it. All sounds based on the kick drum machine go into the first, all snare based sounds go into the second… That makes scrolling through the sounds much easier. But it’s a copy & paste hazzle to start with it.

2 Likes