[ Sound Pack + eLearning ] Lowend101 eBook Delivered in 3 parts (Thanks to v00d00ppl)

it’s always in the file section I just try to download it now and works as intended :slight_smile:

LOWEND101 (MK1 version)
https://www.elektronauts.com/files/447

LOWEND101 (MK2 version)
https://www.elektronauts.com/files/446

I didn’t see the Download Button. Thanks!

1 Like

I will be really grateful if my Nauts friends who want to follow regular publications came back to me here or in a private message to tell me what they think, if there are spelling mistakes, if there are things perfectible or difficult to understand. The goal is that in the end the eBook that I would upload here is the best possible.

THANK YOU so much to those who take it seriously and come back to me from time to time …
I think to @avantronica - @LyingDalai , @Open_Mike, @ammanuel, @Cosmic , @Hans_Olo, @v00d00ppl, …
Everyone is open to suggest anything :wink: THANKS

4 Likes

Hi @William_WiLD, great to hear from you. I wish you a great new year. I‘ll check as soon as I get the chance to. What I‘ve seen so far looks good, but I‘ve only had a brief glimpse so far.

Cheers,
Hans

1 Like

Happy New Year to you too my friend Hans

4 Likes

Hi @William_WiLD,

I really like how the site looks and feels. Clearly, a lot of work has gone into it. I like how you try to cover everything starting from square one, but maybe it would make sense to focus on the A4 (MK2) specifics and try to use external sources for explaining stuff like basic wave forms, ADSR, fundamentals and all that jazz. Why do I say that: your explanations make sense to me, but it think I know a few things already, so not a lot of new insights there. For the complete novice, however, some things might need to be covered in more detail, e.g., ADSR, sine waves, etc.

One thing I just stumbled upon was

Sinewave, the roots of wave: TR808 is by Roland, not Akai

I really appreciate your effort. I hope you get the credit you deserve for it.

Best,
Hans

BTW: just got back from your beautiful country (near Briancon to be precise), that’s why I didn’t respond earlier.

2 Likes

Clearly a ridiculous mistake because tired. Thanks to point out that fast.

For the complete novice, however, some things might need to be covered in more detail, e.g., ADSR, sine waves, etc.

When basic outline is fixed I will come back on each one to see if I can make it better maybe in 2 parts : one for really newbies and a second part for more advanced users.
But thanks to point out it’s in between beginners and intermediary on some points. I will try to find where it needs more explanation and where it is too complex for a 101 course.

Anyway all A4 materials comes just after - all you read was my introduction (a big introduction)

THANKS

@Hans_Olo
So we agree on that ?
it’s understandable your feedback is not on the English and how I write…

But more as I said it’s a bit in between newbies and intermediary ?
not sufficient for intermediary
and too difficult for newbies (or incomplete from your point of view - I will try to enhance a bit)

So maybe i succeed in that because I would like to stay “simple” as it was an introduction
it is something I assume - I let people to go further by themselves (I don’t want to be to physician, mathematician or too much synthesis theory)
I just want newbies to understand rudimentary notions and I push a bit further for all the others
I will try to enhance though :wink: THANKS

If it is understandable ? my main problematic should be that

• as English is not my mother tongue

Hi @William_WiLD, I‘m not a native speaker either. While I can tell English is not your mother tongue, I think I understand what you‘re trying to convey. From my point of view the texts would benefit from proofreading by a native speaker, but the small mistakes and oddities are not showstoppers in my opinion.

2 Likes

Thanks @Hans_Olo

Hi William. Anglais est ma langue maternelle. I’ve been reading your posts on the page from time to time. I will send you DMs when I catch something that is hard to follow.

5 Likes

Everyone I would like to mention @v00d00ppl teamed with me
so at the end we all get an eBook in a good English because it is his mother tongue.

Thanks to him
And we’ll update here as usual

6 Likes

Hello, New on Lowend101.com the content is categories

1. Blog : this is the common blog post we know - it’s an explaining text with images, i cover exercices like “how to to something” with advices and opinion.
  2. Recipes : you’ll get traditional “how to make a sound” you’ll get at the end one patch for your analog four (some are already in the lowend101 found here in the file section) but as I said the purpose of the booklet, as well as the website is to giving you new patch so that’s coming soon and be filled in next.
  3. Infocards : no explaining only the settings for important concepts. (so no need to open the whole thing you already have everything on the website dashboard)
  4. Soundcloud : are patch preview + settings when the patch preview is available on the lowend101 dedicated soundcloud account.
  5. Patch Explained : are patch from Lowend101 (the sound bank) i reviewed and explained. I normally pin point what is the very important part of the sound design
5 Likes

What's your Top10 on my Lowend101 Sound pack

You can download it here for FREE :
Analog Four mk1 version : https://www.elektronauts.com/files/447
Analog Four mk2 version : https://www.elektronauts.com/files/446

Download it, Install it, Travel through the 128 Sounds and tell what’s your Top10
Don’t forget to setup your Analog Four according the Patch List or by reading this post

I will take it in consideration for creating new content

Thanks to Everyone who reply to this

William.

3 Likes

Added this little printable tool in the Elektronauts File section (coming with the learning eBook)
This will be a tool to illustrate purpose on Oscillators Intervals (coming just after Pairing waveforms and altering the Timbre, that’s next upcoming post on lowend101.com - aka the Elektronauts eBook lab preparation)

You can already download this tool here (it was refined in v2.0) :
https://www.elektronauts.com/files/497

Note: Intervals are important, every patch like Fifth “something” take advantage of the Music Intervals when designing. Every gradually step in the course at the end will make sense. Because I slowly illustrating everything from the ground-up of frequencies, starting by the sub, then the kick… when coming the Bass sound we must to talk about intervals - it’s not an obligation it’s just a possible path in sound design… going then to One Finger Chords patch - we’ll get further in Music Theory just what we need to understand.

Then it’s up to you to final design those sounds… To start with this intervals or chord to design without to playing on the keyboard… you’re free at any time to come back on real played chords on the keyboard. At the end it doesn’t change the fact the analog four is a 4 part monophonic … it’s not a polyphonic synth so you can play simultaneously what the device is able to generate. (see voice stealing method in the manual for that.)

5 Likes

I respect how much work you put into creating content, I think you’d really boost your following if you considered making YouTube videos. It seems to be where the bulk of popular content creators grow and you’re clearly committed to it. I really think you’re being slept on a bit and it’s a shame. Keep it up mate :thup:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot

@jb
6 Likes

When it will be public you will have a little surprise

Edit: it’s the NEW & FRESH Patch Exercices Notebook with 27 new sounds for you to make. You can find it in here in our file section :
https://www.elektronauts.com/files/516

Poke

The eBook is here !
@samplenhold @ironmikejr @kielov @raysage @slicetwo
@friedcircuit @johngredin @depuratumba @knobtwister
@alienna

7 Likes

Hi William,
My favorite patch is ‘Paris’
Thank you for your work!

2 Likes

Hi William and V00d00ppl!! website is great! What about some patch ideas to synthesize ethnic percussive sounds? Thank You!!

1 Like