[ Sound Pack + eLearning ] Lowend101 eBook Delivered in 3 parts (Thanks to v00d00ppl)

Sneak Peek 06 (LOWEND101)

Patch name : AciDished
RECIPE : Nothing crazy there Transistor Pulse OSC2 feedback in OSC1, Slightly delayed on the filter attack, a bit of delay and reverb… then you know it already for the modulations :stuck_out_tongue:

Sneak Peek 07 (LOWEND101)

Patch name : BodyLand

4 Likes

Sneak Peek 08 (LOWEND101)

Patch name : LoHiEndArp

Sneak Peek 09 (LOWEND101)

Patch name : ChicaGUA

The test I apply for whether a bass tone is low enough is if the mirror in the next room can be heard vibrating through the walls. It is…

2 Likes

Glad i pass your test :champagne:

2 Likes

Long Sound Design, Looping Enveloppes

To me it was obvious the options of sequencer was the key to making some long evolving sounds… but i see people complain… Of course you can play your A4 externally you can also entering more in the power of the Elektron Sequencer and with few tricks get something very useful for Evolving Textures, Soundscapes, Drones etc…

This video is courtesy of Iq Nill, not me. Thanks to him to bring those tips

Looping envelopes, Elektron Analog Four + long notes.

@umonox : should prepare something too in the Drones section soon, can’t wait :wink:

2 Likes

Have to say a big thanks man, was having problems with the bass being right and this is perfect so cheers

1 Like

U welcome @Ianh54 :wink:

Sneak Peek 10 (LOWEND101)

Patch name : TeeBeeDEETROID

Note : Dear Elektronauts the Bass Sound is intentionally mixed higher in level… better previewing experience. You can listening on purpose only the bass at 4.30 until the END

4 Likes

I think some more videos should be produced sharing your knowledge on other things - pads in particular is another area i struggle with. :slight_smile:

At some point it should be… For now i focused on Bass and Lowend materials because i struggled too, few years ago. As i need to challenge myself to be productive, i challenge myself with this one.

LOWEND101 is one chapter of something bigger… as i said. As i am a big fan of Soundscapes, Textures, Strings, Pads and Weird noises, i will probably make something in this area as well.

4 Likes

Great little groove!!

1 Like

Thanks Zwolf :wink:

Sunday Sneak Peek 11 (LOWEND101)

Patch name : OrganZILLA

Notes: Patch made with SINEWAVE-TP01 (Template)

2 Likes

I added a couple of Sinewave Templates (different way to make it). There’s Perceived Sinewave perfect for a Sub Bass… and there’s Clean Sinewaves but they require tricks to make it working. Included the self resonating filter trick which comes with a Frequency Tune Table in the Booklet (which is better on its own voice as a LAYER for sound design purpose).

All Sinewave are crafted with an oscilloscope

1 Like

Sneak Peek 12 (LOWEND101)

Patch name : ASUCATOM-101

Recreation of this sounds but with a little more bass in it, that’s why i called it Tom in the original track it sounds more like chromatic congas

1 Like

Oh my. Now that’s a track I haven’t heard in a very long time!

1 Like

I play the instrumental of the track
always find this intro amazing :stuck_out_tongue:

not to mention that Erick Morillo was also behind Reel 2 Real…)

SINEWAVE with Self Resonating Filter trick

Keep yourself in the Octave 0
put OSC-1 on OFF / Level 0
OSC-2 on OFF / Level 0
RESET Filter 1 (FRQ : 127.99 - RES : 0)
Tune Filter 2 to 52.70 (FRQ)
Keyboard Tracking (TRK) to +32

Start to move the Resonance slowly to maximum value, play some notes in the same time until you heard the sinewave coming. (What strange it’s not really a Pure Sinewave according to my Oscilloscope, but it’s a good perceived sinewave)

That way you get nice Sinewave Sub Bass in OCTAVE -2 (in Octave -1 the Keyboard tracking seem to not working on the whole range… i feel it like this… but Spectrum/Oscilloscope seem to move so.)
Then shape you AMP Enveloppe according to sound shape you want.

2 Likes