Sorry.... sample import from computer

just checked… yes, I see digitakt there…

with my rytm and A4 this was never a problem…

and in the Transfer app, do you see any other MIDI devices, e.g. your Rytm? Or do the device selection menus simply not show anything?

don;'t know why
but now it suddenly appears…

just clicked around in midi setup

4 Likes

Woop!

got it

thank you all

when drag n drop it to the Transfer device…
it works very well

once I started my electronic music ‘career’ with Drum And Bass (jungle)
since one year I live in the city I come from
my jungle friends are still active (tomorrow we will see our city mate Icicle live in Doornroosje )
this machine makes me wanna make jungle again
just worked on it yesterday and today, all toghether 1 hour
it is amazing!!! I made baselines, resampled them, beats, vocals…
I have the feeling I can do everything with it I want to…

1 Like

most instant elektron experience ever!

3 Likes

I :heartpulse: D&B

Well the app measures the speeds in MiBs which is different than MB or Mbits. The max I saw was about 0.25MiBs for samples.

1 Like

This is definitely happening via MIDI; it’s a proprietary sysex-based protocol instead of MIDI Sample Dump Standard - haven’t investigated further yet. DT USB MIDI is way faster than Rytm due to USB 2.

2 Likes

This seems like the right forum to ask this. From what i’ve read it seems like RYTM Sound packs, the audio part, might be used with the Digitakt. They are both 16 bit 48khz mono audio, and the RYTM FAQ says:
Are your RYTM sound packs compatible with only your hardware or can I use them with hardware/software from other manufacturers? – Our samples are standard WAV files and can be used by any hard/software that have the possibliity of playing back 16 bit 48khz mono audio (Rytm sound packs).

And also from the Digitakt manual (pg 53 bottom):
The Digitakt still supports receiving of samples via MIDI Sample Dump Standard (SDS) and Extended SDS. The Elektron C6 software supports this transfer protocol. You need to enable SDS Handshake in order to secure the transmission over fast interfaces like USB MIDI. You also have to enable the transmission of the Extended SDS header if you want the sample name to be sent to the Digitakt (if not, the samples will simply be named 1, 2, 3 … and so on in the destination directory of the Digitakt).

I don’t have my Delirium Tremens yet, but it’s on order. Has anyone done this? Can this be done?

Done what? Transfered samples?

Yes - both with the Transfer app and C6. Works as described.

>> From what i’ve read it seems like RYTM Sound packs, the audio part, might be used with the Digitakt. … Has anyone tried this?

Good videos BTW CarlMikaelBjork.

1 Like

Thank you very much! :smile_cat: :heart_eyes:

Oh. No. Not yet. (Don’t have any sound packs). But seeing as the “audio part” is only samples, I guess they could be used. Don’t know how soundpacks are distributed - if they’re all sysex, there might be some parts that are not compatible.

Rytm packs usually have a sysex for kits and patterns and a folder with all the samples. Shouldn’t be a problem to send only the audio files, I do it with my OP-1 and MPC all the time!

1 Like

The new blood sample pack doesn’t have any samples, only a sysex file

1 Like

yea Im checking most of the free ones and they are just purely sysex files.

1 Like

Rytm packs are quite expensive if you’re only after harvesting the samples for use in the Digitakt or other gear.

Buying Goldbaby (http://www.goldbaby.co.nz/) libraries gives you WAY more samples for your money. Converting to 16bit 48kHz mono is something that the new transfer application helps you with so no worries there.

2 Likes

Lars! thank you so much for that!!