SOPHIE interview

SOPHIE working alongside Rihanna on the Monomachine.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BP1M7cWgpV0/?taken-by=badgalriri

7 Likes

Bitch, better have my plocks.

10 Likes

Rad. Is Anti worth a listen?

Well, Iā€™ll be damned!

I didnā€™t realise Sophie produced on Anti at all. Anyone know which tracks?

The Charli XCX EP he did is phenomenal though. One of my favourite releases of last year.

Hm, Work sounds like it could have a bit of :elmm: on it.

Yes.

Is that Vroom Vroom?

Maybe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrImkpMvpo0

Yes. I really, really rate it. Though most people Iā€™ve raved about it to have hated it, haha. I donā€™t think many Charli XCX fans liked it.

The title track has some fierce :elmm: FM machine business happening.

1 Like

I honestly donā€™t really know who Rihanna is (I mean, I know the name and that sheā€™s some big pop star, but Iā€™m blissfully out of the loop), but I have an unreasonable amount of love for SOPHIE, so Iā€™ll have to check this out. Nice find, OP!

Elektron, I still think it would be amazing if you would follow up the SOPHIE interview you did a few years back (which I blame for turning me onto him) with a more in-depth exploration into how he uses the Monomachine for his music.

2 Likes

Just listened, really enjoyable in a reckless pop way. Put her older album on after and it doesnā€™t have the same satisfying sheen.

1 Like

It;s a shame she wasnt playing around with her vocals on an MPC Liveā€¦!

1 Like

Have you heard her?
I think her approach to sound design is incredible.
Also the most creative approach to MnM i have heard

6 Likes

So good. Canā€™t wait for a second album.

2 Likes

Yeah, so amazing. Sheā€™s quickly surpassing Autechre as my favourite sound designerā€¦ which is a big call for me.

4 Likes

Pretty sure Sophie is a bloke

2 Likes

nah, she came out as trans at the end of last year

5 Likes

Wonder how much MnM she uses in her trax?
Sounds great

For live sets uses cdj and monomachine only, and you can see all the weird clang/glup/sci-fi comes from the mono

2 Likes