SOPHIE interview

Yeah I mean the music still has a tendency to veer off into silly…but the level of production craft is undeniable imo.

1 Like

So happy with this album. Sophie is next level.

3 Likes

It definitely comes across as a labor of love. The best distillation of her vision yet.

4 Likes

faceshopping will break my car speakers for sure

4 Likes

It slams.

1 Like

Did Sophie just release a new album or something? There has been a bunch of these how do I make Sophie sound x,y, or z threads lately.

She put out an album a couple months back…If something like THIS is the Monomachine then I might as well quit life:

So it could be that some folks are hearing this and going back to her older stuff.

Or you’re like me and you recently bought a monomachine and you really, really want to know how she gets those sounds.

2 Likes

she dropped “the oil of every pearls insides”

1 Like

How about the first EP? Pretty much straight bangers to my ears. What’s not to like?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s all flame. Child-like hell is actually a compliment.

Me or the other guy? Cause I’m a huge fan.

lol my bad! :fire: indeed!

1 Like

Ha! All good. I actually posted my fav track way up at the top of this thread. I was saying “a song a child would make, but in hell” (which is how that other guy described it) was something I’d be interested in. One of the top sound designers around, no question.

More SOPHIE, now on Arte : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ifh0tDrwBA

inspiring!!!

5 Likes

Yeah, and spotted a cutie OT MK2 in a few of the frames!

1 Like

No MnM though…

1 Like

Has everyone checked out SOPHIE’s sample pack up on Splice yet?

There’s some really great sounding samples in there :star_struck:

Perfect sampler food for all of SOPHIE’s sounds.

SOPHIE Sample Pack on Splice

3 Likes

Oooof, some nasty sounds there! :coffin:

Inspiring stuff, as I’ve been going down the path of creating sounds like SOPHIE and OPN.

4 Likes

I read OPN claim he likes when synths have randomization cause he’s “not a very good synthesist”. I expect a bit of self-deprecation in there.

2 Likes

Most of OPN’s sound design happens with audio. He renders to waveform and does most of the work there.

1 Like