Soo I think I lost my MnM data :(

Looked it up - the setting you want is in Global Edit > File > +DRIVE > QUICK MODE. You need to change QUICK MODE from LOAD to CHANGE.

Edit - hm, actually I think that’s only when you quick change snapshots. If you go into the main snapshots menu you can still load without saving the current one.

1 Like

sigh okay how do I do that then? To avoid all this in the future. You know…It’ll be my third failsafe after uploading my sysex and after saving my snapshot.

Well it’s not a bug–totally user error. I wouldn’t think to save a snapshot because, you know…I would assume it kind of saves automatically. What a strange design choice. I think I’m going to go play video games now or something not MnM related at all.

1 Like

In a way I kinda like the way it works, as you can have a snapshot set exactly the way a live set should start, and then be free to tweak away at the patterns… then jus reload the snapshot to get back to how it was before.

1 Like

Also, a general reminder to all users to never save your user data into Snapshot 1 or Digibank 1 because those are overwritten if you ever do a Factory Reset.

1 Like

Noted

I now have a fresh snapshot on number 3 that’s just my name. Currently no patterns or kits or anything… So I suppose I’ve got some work to do. And fun to have.

7 Likes

This is ultimately the best attitude to have about the whole situation. Hopefully it’s easier to recreate stuff this time around.

This song is how I feel. Maybe I’ll make it on the MnM

3 Likes

Yep, I’ve done this too. Learned the hard war about this config setting. Horrible default but hey elektron stuff can make you work for those fun times

Accidentally deleting everything is kinda like a rite of passage for Elektron machines :smiley:

10 Likes

So sorry to hear this! I’ve luckily never lost more than a day or twos work from save fuck ups, can only imagine the feeling😵

I know I did it once… hopefully never again, luckily I only really lost a cover of doctor mario chill out with cow moos replacing all the sounds. The world will never know what it missed out on there.

1 Like