Songs to get through today

What helps you cope with today? Please share a song, album, or mix of whatever music helps you get through this election day.

I’ll get started with a recent track from my all-time favorite band:

8 Likes
14 Likes

This is a playlist I started 4 years ago and have added to since. A fair bit of political 80’s punk, hardcore, and crossover, and a little bit of other stuff that hits just as hard. It makes me feel much better on one hand to hear those shared emotions, but it’s disappointing to know we’re still dealing with many of the same issues so many years later.

Here are a couple of my favorite tracks from the playlist:

13 Likes

Aw crap, I thought they said it was Elektron Day.

F**k it, I’m sticking with Elektron Day. I am sure it will be a lot more sensible.

22 Likes

Oh, and if I must pick a song, the sad fact is that this one is even more relevant today than it was when I first heard it in 1982.

4 Likes
6 Likes
13 Likes

Also like the similarly named Cudy Jollin’s track “Send out the Clown”

Just put on Dre’s ‘whats the difference’

Nothing like nodding your head to some straight talkin.

1 Like
8 Likes

Wake from your sleep
The drying of your tears
Today we escape
We escape

8 Likes

come on progeny

a track which gets me through all days

1 Like

It’s odd how silent many bands are being about this election. Among the punk bands I follow on Fb the ones that consistently raised their voice was MDC. Never a band to shy from politics…

3 Likes

Context: https://eu.freep.com/story/entertainment/music/brian-mccollum/2020/11/02/eminem-joe-biden-election-lose-yourself-campaign-ad/6116741002/

Also: https://variety.com/2020/music/news/taylor-swift-biden-harris-ad-only-the-young-1234819677/

1 Like

Man yall already aggro

I’m sticking to Stars of the Lid…

For now.

8 Likes

another song for all days

7 Likes

And Their Refinement of the Decline :ok_hand::slight_smile:

Good choice.

2 Likes
2 Likes

As far as music I listen to, always have been. I find it ultimately calming, to be honest.

Yeah I’ve thought that too. Ministry hasn’t released any new music and they always do their best work with a republican president. I guess RATM have been doing stuff, and Jello, DOA, and Iron Reagan have a few related releases, but otherwise it’s been kind of quiet.

1 Like

I got Jane’s Addiction on shuffle today.

1 Like
6 Likes