Song mode questions

Hi guys, I need your experience!

I’m at the office now, but I have something in mind.

When you use the “Song Mode” (that I’ve never used for now) of the Octatrack, you can specify which step of any pattern you’ll play as a starting point and also which step as an end point.

For example:

1. Pattern 1. Step 8 to Step 16
  2. Pattern 2. Step 1 to Step 7 and so on…

That’s great. But how does this work if the Monomachine (or MD, or A4) is slave of the Octatrack? Will it be able to follow the same steps? Is that possible? That would be totally awesome!

Thank you very much guys for your information!

I have no answer to your question, but I like the ‘I am at the office and have something in mind’ situation :+1:

1 Like

I used this once, the MD as master in (song mode) and the OT slaved in arranger mode! I can’t remember the details, nor try it out at the moment, because I am also at the office! :smiley:

I do remember that it synced song pointers, so when the MD moved to a second row the OT followed. But I meticulously prepared both machines for a performance so each song/arranger’s row was of equal length and BPM, I am very curious what happens when you sync up with different row lengths and BPM settings…

1 Like

From what I imagine…every box will go ruled by its sequencer .

I think Transport linking works only on simple Play Pause Stop commands…and that’s it.

So, i think, you should program each machine in its arrangement/song mode to keep pattern lengths coherent.

My thinking. Not Sure

2 Likes

resurrecting an old thread, but i think this is how it works. once you start messing with offsets, loop rows etc, things get a little wonky.

1 Like