Song mode is great! Can we get kits please? :):

Song mode is so nice! I love being able to figure out a song with mutes etc but also like to throw in pattern changes.
Unfortunately due to lack of kits, I sometimes struggle to achieve coherence (eg a kick changes or whatever)

It would be awesome if we cud use kits (maybe 1 per bank??)

Maybe it would work just like the “global fx” but just on a bank level? A pattern could be set to “use kit settings” or just normal

This wud be the final thing for me to say digitakt (and the others) was pretty much a complete production instrument/workstation!!!

6 Likes

Kits are a disaster for my workflow. How many times have I made a change on a pattern only to realize I completely messed up another pattern using that same kit.

Haha thats why it’d be optional

2 Likes

What does kit mean in this context? I’m still learning the jargon.

In this context a kit would be:

Every pattern in this bank uses the same parameter settings. When you change the settings on one pattern it affects the others.

1 Like

Who had kits in the new song mode sweepstake?

3 Likes

Right. Thanks. That would be very usual if optional. I assume, depending on the design, it would also include sound locks.

Kits would be great, but should be voluntary.

One way to implement it would be to add a setting in the pattern-menu like «Use sounds from:» which could point to any other pattern but be defaulted to «This pattern».

That way the Digis behave as normal if you don’t change that setting, and it would probably not require much change to the data structure either.

1 Like

I would vote for a possibility that a track can point to a sound in the sound pool instead of having its own sound in the pattern. (without the need of manual sound locking it in the sequencer).

Roger had this idea -> It's unlikely that we'll ever get kits on the Dark Trio, but I had an idea

1 Like

I had a parlay of kits, song mode, and kb fold.

I’m one feature away from paying off my car. :crossed_fingers:t2: :pray:t3:

2 Likes

Of course both would be nice, having gone from the DN to the A4+AR though, I have to say kits have messed me up more times than the other way around. I guess the Tabula Rasa solves that for Kits, but no way to solve it the other way around…

If you’re in a live situation, Kits I guess makes more sense, since you’re switching between patterns and want to change parameters on the fly, not sure how people get around this.

But in a studio situation, can’t you just copy a track sound between patterns? I get that it could be a bit tedious, but it’s not that bad.

I’m not an expert, but it seems like more of a setting than a feature, which makes me think they wouldn’t hold out on this if it’d be possible, easy or highly requested to implement. I’m guessing they changed it because some people were reacting negatively towards Kits, and now some people are reacting negatively towards Patterns, you can’t please everyone.

In music making there will always be some tasks on the more tedious, technical side I suppose.