"Song mode" Digitakt

that’s a worthy option for someone to have a look.

1 Like

It escalates every time this thread reappears. Some folks would love a form of song mode and other folks want to tell them they don’t need it. It’s a wild weird thing we witness on the internet.

3 Likes

So then…why not send prog change messages from those boxes to your DT?

1 Like

I’ve only tried Octatrack song mode and found it difficult because of the small screen and you really have to memorise and arrange inside your head almost,
it really doesn’t compare to using an actual daw.
I’m all for them adding song mode but at the moment I still would rather use chain mode left to right

1 Like

When are they going to add singalong mode? Every karaoke machine out there has it!

(This is not a dig at anyone)

5 Likes

Yeah, everyone knows coding is simple and only costs peanuts. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Nobody is saying it’s a competition. Nobody is saying Elektron have an obligation to implement it. Some people are simply asking for it as a feature because they think it will help their workflow. Just because Dave Mech does great stuff and doesn’t desire it doesn’t mean others don’t!

1 Like

I think a few people on this thread have gone a lot further than simple feature requests. We’ve had everything from self-appointed coding experts telling Elektron how easy firmware updates are right through to borderline conspiracy theories.
Nobody begrudges a simple feature request but it does get a bit annoying when the same dozen or so voices keep having a pop, it just doesn’t feel very constructive.
I know, if I don’t like it I should read another thread but I’ve always had a soft spot for challenging entitlement :wink:.
I love this forum, it’s been so helpful for me this last couple of years, in no small part due to how engaging a lot of the staff are, especially when people ask for help. Let’s not take advantage of that by turning parts of the forum into a complaints bin where it isn’t warrantied. The tone that some have taken on this issue is the sort of tone you might expect for persistent faults or poor customer service, not feature requests.
I really hope the Digitakt gets a song mode (though I still have my doubts it will get one), it seems like a reasonable upgrade. I won’t use it, but at least it will cheer a few on here up.

3 Likes

PEOPLE! Again!

they’re always the problem.

2 Likes

…have’nt checked it out yet…but that might be some workaround for those who desperately keep on asking for it…

2 Likes

Digitakt song mode.

16 Likes

Just read my comments. I never said that nobody wanted a song mode. I even understand it.

But I really think that it helps to think in alternatives as the DT doesn’t support any at the moment. So I give them other workarounds on how the box is used.

And yes some people ask for the feature, but unfortunately some people don’t just ask / hope for it. They bash Elektron for the fact why they haven’t implemented yet, only because they think the box need song mode. They get pissed at Elektron.

I think the box could use a lot of features, but won’t get upset at all that it isn’t there. I knew that when I bought it. And yes it would be nice if it got one of those at a update. But it is not a must. That’s all.

2 Likes

Your handwriting is spookily like mine, that is nuts. I do this same thing with sample chains and just write them down in my notebook. Works well. I think it’s good to note because maybe not everyone knows this, that your pattern chain can have the same pattern set to repeat multiple times as you show on your page there.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a good workaround, except pattern one can’t be repeated like that. Not a slight. Just a clarification in case it causes others some headaches :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Like I said earlier you could just use ELK HERD to organise your patterns
so it makes it 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc

1 Like

You can repeat pattern 1, if you do this little trick, but you won’t be able to use whatever pattern you hold down in step 2 because when you lift your finger off that pattern you exit pattern chain mode…at least seems that way to me.

2 Likes

So this forum should only be for discussing what you want to discuss?

Pretty much. That’s why I don’t own a Digitakt or a Digitone.

Yep

2 Likes

Come to think of it, we’ve never seen @Mistercharlie and @Hawk in the same room at the same time. Similar handwriting, or exact same handwriting?

2 Likes