"Song mode" Digitakt

I disagree, and so do many others.

4 Likes

You completely missed my point

All synths work fine without presets, but that doesn’t mean presets aren’t needed.

Who are you to judge others.

If you are happy with redoing all the pattern chains every time you turn off/on the device! Good for you.

Doesn’t mean others have the right to ask to be able to save the pattern chains with the project.
Which basically and essentially is song mode.

See that was not that hard isn’t? Such a little thing that can make a difference for many people!

Why make so much fuss about it and attack people requesting such a little thing. Tjeez.

1 Like

You’ve taken this entirely out of context, perhaps misunderstood it, and you’ve certainly misrepresented it.

That official works on documentation. Manuals.
He’s talking about the visibility of the feature, i.e. engaging it in the user interface.
He is speaking about the user experience of ticking a box , not the product development.

8 Likes

I haven’t judged anyone.

I don’t use pattern chains.

Wasn’t aware I was making a fuss, just putting my two cents on a public forum.

Who did I attack? How did I attack them?

2 Likes

Please define what the box needs to do/have for a need for a song mode. In that case neither Rytm, A4, OT, MPC needs a song mode. They can all just be jammed with.

2 Likes

Indeed they can.

Hehe. Indeed they can :+1:
But nonetheless, some of us likes song mode on these boxes and don’t see why some of them got it and not the others.

2 Likes

Yes you are. You are dictating others that the Digitakt doesn’t need song mode, because YOU don’t need it.

That is childish and selfish.

So if you have no interest in the feature, why you even in this topic in the first place.
You just admitted you don’t even use pattern chaining. That’s fine! Doesn’t mean others use that feature a lot and would like to be able to save it.

3 Likes

I’m not dictating to anyone.
I was engaging in a little light-hearted pedantry.

If people chose to be offended by that then whatever, but wasn’t my intention to do any of the things I’ve been accused of.

3 Likes

It wasn’t very constructive. It’s clear that a lot of people want song mode. Accept that people are different and work in different ways. It’s called diversity.

2 Likes

I do

Which I celebrate.

Should we add “people who want song mode on the Digitakt” as a protected characteristic to the equality act? That way your people will be free of such terrible oppression.

Sorry mods, I know I’m basically trolling now, but I had to stick up for myself.

Peace.

2 Likes

I don’t need it :grimacing:
injected for levity

1 Like

At this point, everything that can be said on the topic has been said.

Carry on… (or don’t)

3 Likes

what I find hilarious about all this is that WAY back when the Elektron “forum” was just a Yahoo user group (and I was the sole admin, in fact!), we used to have monthly challenges on the Machinedrum. you got to use one machine, only had a minute for the track, everyone voted on the best one. one time I won! everyone was wondering how I’d made such a complicated track that changed and evolved so intricately (it really wasn’t all that special though, seriously). I commented “song mode” and they were all aghast that I’d actually used it. none of 'em had even touched it, didn’t get it, thought it was too complicated, they liked to interact directly with their patterns, etc…

now people got their pitchforks out because a feature they were never promised to begin with isn’t there. even though for decades it’s been largely ignored by most users. like I said… hilarious!

3 Likes

So requesting features is taking pitchforks out towards Elektron now? WOW!

Sorry but Song mode has been requested since day 1!

Why add pattern chaining to the Digitakt, but not allow people to save it?
It doesn’t cost any extra processing power, just to save something to storage you already created in memory.

Being avle to save your created pattern chain is a basic form of song mode really and not much to ask of Elektron to implement via firmware update. /shrug

2 Likes

Let’s keep the memes in the meme thread, please.

1 Like

Sorry