Sometimes I just feel like getting rid of it all

Just keep the stuff that is good at doing one thing . I love simple devices with little options , and even if you own a lot of them you’ll know exactly which device you should turn to for which purpose . I find jack of all trades gear , DAW’s inclusive , to be real creative killers .

One reason I’m like 99% ITB now* Just replace those computer cables in the gif with hardware cables :slight_smile:

*still have my TB-03, and drums but I don’t count my drums; I gave the OT a good three months but just preferred doing the sample/sequencing/glitching in Ableton instead

1 Like

Go modular ! :smile:
That’s why I don’t want it.

1 Like

On those days I simply play a video games or do something unrelated to music :+1:

keep this in mind:

1 digitakt is entirely capable of making the “Violator” album by Depeche Mode ( i know that statement dates me, but my point still holds :wink:

best,
SvK

2 Likes

Sorry to say that, but: Dream on.

3 Likes

you can get awfully close.Keep in mind the sampling time available in 1 digitakt would take a whole room of 1988 Emaxes to happen.

And I’d argue that the single-cycle waves run through that electron filter won’t quite get you that Moog line during the awesome breakdown of personal Jesus, but with someone who really knows his stuff, you’d be surprised.

best,
SvK

1 Like

It seems you have no idea what huge effort is required to produce an album like Violator. Picking just single sounds from single tracks won’t do it. And don’t get me mentioning vocals, effects, mixing and mastering …

If what you say is true, then I wonder why studios still exists today including all the pro equipment. Is that all fake and/or just show and not required anymore since Elektron released the Digitakt?

/serious-mode off

1 Like

Please stay friendly, and even more, on topic. You may discuss this in private if you want.

1 Like

hey,

Let’s keep it friendly. I do have quite the idea of what it takes.
I own Boomstars, Moogs, Lexi 224, Eventide Harmonizers, 1176 comps.

I understand wavetable, subtractive and fm synthesis.
Believe me, I do know.

So yes there is some hyperbole in my statement. But not that much.

best,
SvK

1 Like

will do.

best,
SvK

2 Likes

You should get rid of some compressors.
1176 is too much I think. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Jeez a mono drum sampler can do all that?
I’m impressed :joy:

3 Likes

That can be subjective. A lot of people love and buy pure shit music I think.
If you don’t have pleasure doing it can be a problem.

1 Like

I hope this is ironic

Yep get rid of it all.
It’s very liberating.
Like when you have all this shit lying around your house, then you finally make the effort to go to the tip and chuck it.
Extremely satisfying experience

4 Likes

Why all ?
I’m not afraid of selling what I don’t use, and buy other stuff.
Couldn’t get rid of my wife last week, still love her, new start, I hope I’ll keep her for the best.

4 Likes

Yep second hand wives are hard to sell unfortunately

2 Likes

Second? Not sure. :smile:

i dont think ive ever bought one bad track. i only buy good music. every track in my library is solid gold…to me. :wink:

1 Like