Something wicked this way comes

Rusty, I’m new. But would love to test any new software you’re working on (and get on a waiting list to pay for octaedit when you reopen it).

The bunny rabbit of yore thanks everyone for their interest.

I’m going to put names in a “hat” (aka an Excel spreasdsheet); code up some randomisation; and message a few people.

Expect a NDA. Expect broken, buggy software. Expect exceptions. No, it shouldn’t break your Octatrack. Hasn’t broken mine.

5 Likes

I’m not really on the list @Rusty I’ve got too many things to attend to right now, but very curious and interested…

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:

That makes two of us…

2 Likes

Only OSX ? :slightly_frowning_face:

For now… Windows machine is tied up with OctaEdit updating; besides, maybe you are not missing much?

But I’ll let you know if / when Windows is an option…

2 Likes

Hiya, I’d like to be added to the list if that’s still possible? :slight_smile:

Would lvoe to be involved with alpha stage!

Yes! I’d love to be added for Windows alphadom. [Follows thread]

That rabbit’s got a vicious streak a mile wide…

1 Like

Close… not exactly, but close enough…

1 Like

So, um, what is it?

I call it OctaBounce

It’s basically a mini DAW for the Octatrack… And you can use it to bounce audio stems.

The Project group contains Rows. A Row defines the pattern, track mutes, scenes etc. to use.

The Sequencer group contains Steps. A Step defines which Row, and how many Repetitions to play the Row.

There is no fixed relationship between Steps and Rows. These are freely flexible.

As an example, lets look at the pretty picture of the bunny rabbit:

Step 01:
Play Row 005 x One time.
Row 005 plays Pattern A01 with Tracks 02, 05, 11 and 14 active; using Scenes 01 and 09

Step 02:
Play Row 002 x Two times.
Row 002 plays Pattern A12 with Tracks 02, 05, 11 and 14 active; using Scenes 01 and 09

Step 03:
Play Row 004 x Four times.
Row 004 plays Pattern A12 with Tracks 02, 05, 11 and 14 active; using Scenes 01 and 09

Step 04:
Off -> Stop Playback / Recording

Clear as mud?

12 Likes

Looks great, sadly I’m windows, one thing that might help bums like me would be if the rows were numbered, cos counting sucks :joy: I’m imagining wanting to set a step to row 13 and having to count, using my bad eyes and worse brain :rofl:

I suppose this ‘feedback’ is redundant if there is a nice highlight line which follows the step knob position when changing values though, in that case go out to your front door and curse my name to the sky.

1 Like

Maybe later?

Row numbers are already there; I’m just not displaying them :slight_smile:

There is other stuff and things on the rows apart from what you can see…

1 Like

Cool!

Ah, cool. So is this going to be part of Octaedit eventually?

1 Like

Already there mon ami.

How would that be different to any other day?

4 Likes

No comment at this point in time.

If I understand this correctly- this is a brilliant idea!

Another home run, Rusty!

I’m still a bit hazy over how it works- but I’ll cross that bridge if I get an OT again.

Is it also capable of recording parameter changes and slider movements when doing this bounce.

Like, say you wanted individual stems of a performance with all the bells and whistles of a person that knows what they’re doing- when it’s making the audio files- will it be able to adjust for any changes to the audio during said performance?

Keep in mind, I am still a bit nebulous on its functionality

1 Like

We’ll see…

Yes. (Though does not record Midi at present…)

Think of it just like a DAW? because that is essentially what it is?

So absolutely, there is nothing to stop anyone messing around with the Ocatrack whilst OctaBounce is recording :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pretty cool! I’ll definitely keep my eye out for updates to this thing- perhaps you just sold me an Octatrack :slight_smile:

2 Likes