Some Strange and Wonderful While using OT + MS

so if the OT is set to INT + EXT on Audio CC, you can control knobs of the MS with the Audio tracks not the midi tracks. This is especially interesting cause it allows you to change scenes on the OT and have it effect parameters of the MS. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not with my OT to test, do the sent CC’s morph with the fader? If so with a midi processor to remap CC’s (and channel if want to combine with a midi track sequence) we have a MIDI scene/crossfader workaround? :thinking:

1 Like

They do!!! you can have MS scenes!

1 Like

could probably do this with other gear too, just have to sac some audio tracks and check CC numbers but yeah

1 Like

No way, that’s big news… Should make an OT topic for MIDI scene workaround! :smiley:
With a midi processor to convert the CC’s you could have control over any external synth parameters with scenes. Audio track channels block MIDI track channels from sending but if you set the audio channel differently and remapped the channel externally you could combine with a MIDI track sequence. I’d just sacrifice the audio track and use it for MIDI scenes…

2 Likes

we might be onto something mike!!!

1 Like

Crossfader sends midi cc 48, so yeah with a midi processor you can have tons of fun^^

1 Like

Yeah but with this you should be able to morph up to 6 different CC’s at the same time each with its own assigned starting and ending parameter values… :slight_smile:

Edit: 30 MIDI CC’s :thinking:

1 Like

And have 16 sets of the CC values to morph from any one set to any other, and also direct jump between them…

could be wrong here but I don’t think any of the scene settings change the midi message sent by the fader, it’s always CC48. @rusty ?

what actually is happening is the encoders A-G on audio tracks 1-6 w/e their CC are, they match up with the encoders of the MS and when you move the crossfader yes the fader itself is on CC 48 but the changes to the tracks the fader is making, is also resulting in diff CC going out to MS

2 Likes

So i believe how the OT works, or partially, is when you move an encoder, the OT actually sends CC to itself. This is where the INT+EXT comes into play. If you set it to EXT the encoders wont work anymore, so you can use an external controller exclusively. But the OT sends these CCs out too, and they happen to inertly line up with the MS almost perfectly lol

I don‘t think OT sends ccs to itself, the audio engine can be controlled by midi cc and/or also send midi cc, which can be very handy in certain situations.

1 Like

Yeah, like @Neimad said… Crossfader turns edit page knobs and those knob CC’s are sent if set to ext or int+ext. Haven’t tested but from what Neimad is seeing seems like all systems go. Use a midi processor to remap the CC’s to suit any midi gear…

If wanting to combine with a midi note track sequence use a different channel on the audio track and have a processor remap to the same channel as the midi track externally to get around the audio track channels block midi tracks from sending situation…

Have OT time soon to see for myself… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just realized you should be able to morph 30 MIDI CC’s because there are 5 edit pages with each knob having a CC… Haha…

Can’t wait to test this tomorrow…

2 Likes

yoooooo the implications are kinda insane, OT just got younger :wink:

2 Likes

Wow, it’s so bizarre that midi scenes aren’t included because ‘it might overload the receiving unit’ when the OT has actually been sending up to 30CCs anyway when the fader is used!

2 Likes

afaik. Cross Fader will send CC#048. I don’t have a MS:Samples / haven’t looked at the manual; would be curious as to what @Neimad means with “have it effect parameters of the MS”

Edit: Just to be clear / clarify; re semantics; Crossfader sending midi data; vs other controls sending midi data.

:open_mouth:

Yeah, do this all the time… I’ve got a very complex thingie / PoC that is, um, hard to explain.

1 Like

Yeah exactly so not cc48 of the slider moving, but the results of the parameters being changed resulting in CC from OT to MS

Ok, lol, obviously I was way too tired, yesterday^^Now I get what you guys mean :smiley:
Sounds interesting indeed!
Don‘t have the M:S…Have to do some math and get my BCR2000 on the desk again.