Some noise what I done

Started committing to the noise, if not just to annoy my dogs.

Most of it is a DFAM (my new favourite noise instrument), with a little support from Soma Lyra 8 and Ether and a bunch of pedals routed in too complicated a manner to explain. All passed through the Analog Heat for added sparkle.
Performed live into a zoom h4n with no post processing.

6 Likes

Wow you’ve really committed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love it

1 Like

In for a penny, in for a pound, I say.
Thanks for listening.

1 Like

It loves you too.

Thanks for listening.

Moar noise

Mostly Digitakt, with help from Lyra 8 and Soma Ether. Also heavy reliance on Analog Heat and Quadraverb.

Maybe back off on the heat for these noise tracks? I know that sounds counterintuitive, but every element you are using has its own inherent noise factor, but you cant hear them as they are all crunched.
Thats my opinion though…

1 Like

Guilty as I am of overdoing it with the Heat, the second track is crushed together kinda deliberately, I was going for a sort of Zen Singularity vibe.
I’m going to mix some of the elements of it differently later and make a more “techno” track with it, we’ll see how that goes.

The aural equivalent of still waiting for a bus even after you’ve realised it isn’t coming.

1 Like

In the rain. With no coat. And your shoes leak.
Shit, 24 minutes of it! You’ve gone prog. I knew it would happen when you got that erica bass synth.

2 Likes

You got me.

I’m actually Rick Wakeman.

If you listen really hard there’s a 21 minute Moog solo in there.

I heard it! it sticks out like dogs balls.

1 Like

I always dreamed that one day someone would refer to my music as the dogs bollocks.

2 Likes

Remix. For those with slightly shorter attention spans.

2 Likes

Mainly achieved with DFAM, samples of DFAM on a Digitakt, Lyra 8, Quadraverb and Analog Heat.

1 Like

I liked this a while ago, but i wanted to let you know that i thought this was very fucking funny. i squirted out a few tears of laughter at that…
thanks…

2 Likes

Model:Cycles, Erica Bassline, Quadraverb + Heat.

1 Like

Videos make everything better

2 Likes

I think I blacked out at 5:06. You win.

1 Like

So I’ve listened to this a quite a few times. I dont like it.
Here are my critcal thoughts.

That snare probabilty thing.

Random noise is just that. Random noise. Is it musical?

If you’re after random noise, then yep, you’ve got that. If you’re after musical (as in, 'yeah man this is cool I want to listen to it again) then no, I dont think you got that. Why do I think that? Because there is no groove between the kick and snare.

Now just because I say I dont like it, theres no groove, that doesnt mean anything thats just my taste. But I reckon if the track had less random snare, ( and less random other bits) it would groove a bit more, and the noise would have a pattern, something for the brain to hook on to. And bingo- its musical. Even though its noise.

The kick is banging, all the synth death noise is banging. I feel like there’s a good track hidden in there trying to get out.

Anyway. Thats my feedback. You didnt ask for it. But I gave it anyway. Tell me to get fucked if you want.

2 Likes