Some buttons not responding

Hello,

I’ve got this problem with my monomachine: The “tempo”, “function”, “kit setup” and “pattern/song” buttons are not working/responding. Everything else is working fine: I get audio out, and I can change patterns and tracks, etc.

I would try reseting my machine, but I guess I need the function button to do it :-/

I’m hoping that you can help me out
Thanks

hey jó - bummer, this reminds me of some trouble with my machinedrum i had. when buttons aren’t responding it’s usually time to contact elektron support. i hope someone else has advice that will enable you to avoid this. :frowning:

1 Like

Could be racking screws - do you have end cheeks fitted? If they are too long it can damage the circuit board and cause problems. I have seen (and fixed) a problem where track 5 button and the top edit selection button were naffed by a broken track caused by a too long screw.

1 Like

is your MnM still under warranty? if so,i would send it to the HQ otherwise,if you feel like,you could have a look yourself…perhaps the buttons have given all they could and now need to be changed (just a different way of saying: they’re broken.gone. :slight_smile: )
if they’ve been working up until now,then i don’t think it’s a software issue

edit: on a second thought, did you upgrade/downgrade the firmware before the buttons stopped working?

thanks for the response.

The MNM is not under warranty for some years now, I did open the machine and cleaned it, and nothing looking suspicious. All these buttons stopped working at the same time, so I guess it’s not the buttons themselves, but some kind of motherboard issue? Oh well… I guess only elektron can help me out… I did not upgrade/downgrade the firmware for quite some time too…[/quote]
did you re seat the cables?