Soma Labs Ether

people already walk around with stuff like that and try to get no signal :wink:

Well then… :joy::joy:

1 Like

Im sure this is based on old KGB technology found in the walls of the US embassy.
:sunglasses:

You can make something similar but short range by tearing apart a dictaphone :man_shrugging:t2:

thank you, that reads as my very elaborate call to order :slight_smile:

1 Like

You might want to have fun with this…

There were good ideas in @CarlMikaelBjork’s vid

I wonder how hard it could be to synthesize similar sounds…

1 Like

Haven’t tried. But the complex quality of those electromagnetic sounds were really appealing to my ears. I’m a wee bit intrigued by the ETHER.

+1

These methods have been staples in sound art for decades. This is not saying there s no place for new, well engineered pick ups like this.

How david lynch made the soundscape for erasehead is a fantastic read.

1 Like

Has anyone heard back from Soma yet?

Thanks for introducing me to her.

Now I want these headphones:

3 Likes

No, not yet.

1 Like

I missed the first round but not in a rush anyway.

Wanting, touching, needing :sweat_smile:

Hey @Francis , any place on mind where I can have a read on that? thanks!

I got a BFI book on him many years ago. He talks about working with a sound designer, I don’t have the book to hand. But basically he had a bunch of pickups, contact mics and stuff all hooked up to stuff in his shed. He spent seven years making eraserhead. I can’t watch it too often but it’s a favorite.

1 Like

Instabuy. Soma really goes above and beyond to show the creative applications of their products in these videos… well done.

1 Like

I don’t know but I read multiple times about EM frequencies being harmful, so why would you even listen to them? Same with a circuitbend FM synth, it can sometimes pick up EM waves or interferences which I don’t like to hear for a long time

no pain no gain :sunglasses:

Strange that someone would be worried about sonofying eletromagnetic waves while our environment is COMPLETELY permeated by them, and we all carry devices in our pockets that generate them :wink:

2 Likes