Solved: Weirdness with Program Change and Transport

Some weirdness here folks.

I have 2x octatracks, one master/slave set up in such a way that I technically have 1 hexadecatrack.
OT 1 i am sending transport, clock and program changes only. this way all notes etc are ignored.
OT2 in midi control setting section: “Audio Note in” is set to standard. This makes it so the sequencer just follows OT1’s program changes.

Well all looked good as I went though many patterns, nearly every pattern all the Way up to bank L01 and L02. For some reason when OT2, the slave, reaches these items, the transport stops. Then when master says change to L03, it resumes.

Wth could this be?! The midi note channels should not impact it, but for due diligence, I cleared them. there are no differences between all of these. Actually when programming OT2’s bank L, I just copied a template bank though all 16 patterns.

I was sifting through the forum, but this really sounds like a PIA bug and nothing more.

This doesn’t stop note send from audio tracks, nor midi tracks. You can disable Notes send.

Set it to OFF if you don’t want to receive notes. On the contrary, with STANDARD OT2 can receive all notes.

2 Likes

Hmm, that may have solved the issue. Either that or the empty reset that I ran just before I check for response. at any rate, I’ll change this to solved. danke, Sezare.

1 Like