[SOLVED] Weird behaviour between OT and Moog Matriarch

I’ve stumbled on a weird thing with the OT and Matriarch. The Matriarch had problems with midi junk that have been ironed out in the last firmware update but some weirdness still remains. Haven’t yet contacted Moog customer support, because I first wanted to ask if this rings a bell as being due to the way I’ve got the OT set up wrong somehow. Even though I’ve had the OT for a couple of years, this might well be a user error.

Examples of the behaviour:

• Pressing key B2 on the Matriarch starts play on the OT.
  • A2 scrolls the audio tracks one by one (if I’m on track one and press A2 seven times, I’m now on track 8 on the OT).
  • C2 and D2 start recording on the track that is focused (while not even armed for recording).
  • E0 starts play on track 5 (even if some other track is focused).

Like I said, I’ll be contacting Moog support within the next couple of days but wanted to ask you people first if this sounds somehow familiar. Cheers!

Edit: Forgot to say that I’ve got the Matriarch midi out on channel 1, which is also the OT Auto channel because I’m using the Matriarch as my master keyboard for some of my other desktop synths.

Normal behavior.
Appendix C, note mapping :

B1 on OT.

To control OT samples chromatically without triggering other things, you can set MIDI > CONTROL > NOTE IN = FOLLOW TM

Set Chromatic mode with Function + down arrow.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, @sezare56!

Like I said, I was thinking user error but the behaviour seemed a bit random with only a couple of (white) keys triggering action on the OT.

Yet another reminder of the well-known saying ”what’s weird for me is normal for the OT.” :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Don’t throw your Matriarch! :content:

Yeah this note mapping is unusual, but it makes sense.

1 Like

Haha, I wasn’t going to. :grinning: It was more like I was planning to start writing music which skipped those particular notes. I’ve been told self-imposed limitations can spark creativity. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like