Solved: Syntakt repeatedly fails boot

Hi, I received my Syntakt a few days ago. It absolutely sounds wonderful! The only downside is that I have to boot it 4 to 6 times before it loads succesfully. The analog sounds load immediately, but the digital sounds seem to crash, which makes me wonder if I have a faulty unit. Any one else experiencing this?

1 Like

my unit has never failed to boot.

id get on to elektron :iphone: :telephone_receiver:

2 Likes

Did you update to the new 1.01 that came out a few weeks ago? If not try that, and if you did, maybe retry firmware again.

There is a test procedure :
Hold Function + power on
Press trig 1

Hi, it’s on 1.01. I’ll try ro reflash the firmware.

Hi Sezare56, the test procedure says that the test is ok… But…

1 Like

Why are you playing so soon after boot, there’s a visual ‘load’ progress top left, are you allowing that time to disappear? Just curious why you pinpoint digital !

Yes, I wait until the loading message disappears. The analog tracks then work, but the digital ones don’t. Which seems to me a possible indication of some bad sectors on the internal flash.

If you ran a test and it passed and you reinstalled the firmware and you’re still having issues, it’s most likely a hardware problem. I recommend contacting Elektron and opening a ticket. They’re very helpful and responsive.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot folks. I’ve contacted support and they’re really friendly and helpful.

4 Likes

If you have only had it for 3 days. I would just return it and it exchange it for another one and test it there.

2 Likes

Return it and ask for it to be replaced with one in a factory sealed box - so you don’t get someone else’s return as a replacement.

1 Like

Hi, apparently the syntakt sometimes fails boot, which will be fixed with a firmware update. It repeatedly failing boot was my mistake. You have to wait for the current to discharge (20-30 seconds) before rebooting. Now my syntakt reboots succesfully every time.

3 Likes

Elektron: Sorry that you can’t power up your brand new $1000 synth. We will allow you to update your synth into a working synth… with a future update. We hope that it does not fail on you during a gig in the meantime.

Hi Meriphew, it never failed me once it’s booted :wink:

1 Like

Good news ! Maybe you should edit title/first post…

1 Like

Digitone also had a boot error that was eventually solved via firmware.

1 Like

So far. I had a brand new Digitakt that froze when booting. It would eventually boot up, until it didn’t. Mine bricked on me. Returned it and moved on.

I had my Syntakt fail to boot the other day. I already knew about the capacitor thing from experiencing a similar issue on my old Digitakt. Waited a minute, turned it back on, all good.

I think there’s been a couple of bricked ones reported on here, so it’s always a bit of a clench when something like that happens, glad yours isn’t one of them.

3 Likes

Keep in mind: