[SOLVED] Issue with a large professional retailer after return - What to do?

You said you bought it in May? That’s less than 180 days…

lol math and i… :man_facepalming:

We should have a dedicated “dubious retailers” thread to name and shame, I have had a few bad experiences with large retailers, 2 of which are current, I’ll have no hesitation in detailing my experiences, because frankly it simply isn’t good enough, sure mistakes and oversights can happen, but resolution should be swift and timely.

2 Likes

I can accept mistakes but what I can’t accept is being fobbed off with excuses or ignored. I have to deal with enough of that sort of shit in my workplace - cant be doing with it in my personal life!!!

If we have feedback threads for individuals then I’d agree that it’d be useful to have something similar for retailers. Having said that, my sole experience with Bax (as mentioned above) was excellent - got Omnisphere 2 at a good price and it arrived boxed and very quickly.

2 Likes

My experience with Bax is a mixed bag: NEVER order something that they don’t have in stock. Their delivery indications are laughably incorrect. Moreover, their customer service has steadily declined over the past few years. It’s very hard to get in touch with them if you have an issue. I have never had issues with stocked items- which were always delivered as promised.

1 Like

Has anyone ever heard anything so weird as an item being returned within a few days being faulty and the retailer only doing a partial refund? (In this case almost 11% less)

At the moment I’m waiting to hear back (mistakes can happen) but if they don’t put it right then I’ll get paypal involved and name and shame them everywhere, because that policy is not compliant with distance selling regulations and UK law. It is a big UK retailer whom I have bought lots of gear from before.

I too had several issues with Bax-shop(Netherlands). More times they send me a used product, while I ordered a new one. Twitter support is very poor, and not very helpfull.

My (personal)opinion : stay away from Bax

1 Like

had this once with a flatscreen Monitor which I bought and brought back after 60 minutes and they came up with 15% less for what I paid. they‘ve changed their strategy to two people talking over and over about issues and such! and then he wiped with a scratchy microfiber towel over the piano finish and screwed it and i was like „are you serious“ ?

was so pissed that i took the refund and paid my price :sweat_smile:

Bax is b-stock, they do buy b stock and returned stuff from other major stores.

True Story

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your situation! I have been buying stuff for about 10 years with Bax now… they deliver super quick but sometimes they screw things up… My suggestions from my own experience:

1. Phone support is friendly but often not very competent
  2. Use email instead, usually I got answers and solutions within 24 hours
  3. By using E-mail you can create a paper trail, you can use as proof
  4. You can send a letter “notice of default”, including proof that they didn’t stick to their part of the agreement, set a deadline for them to fix the issue
  5. Take your proof to a “debt collector” agency they know what to do, but need proof that you have done everything you can and should. They can collect your money if you have proof, but they charge a fee for their services

Finally, keep faith… usually it will work out eventually if you stay kind but formal and keep up your own part of the agreement.

Good luck!

1 Like

Just an update on the situation :

Still nothing

Paypal reopened the case but did not edit the reason for the chargeback.
They closed it a second time with no reason given.
Had to call them again, and they reopened the case a second time. This time though they opened a chargeback for a return of a broken product which is not accurate. I should now expect a response from them before sept, 14th…

Also called Bax Shop customer service once more.
Apparently the refund has been cancelled (again) by accounting for no apparent reason. I’ve been told to wait another 7 days.

I should add that most of the time the time (except 2 cases) support is very friendly.
At least this time the person who answered gave me his name so that I can ask for him if still nothing is done by next week.

@Kegeratorz Yes good advice on persistence, but I don’t want to be aggressive, believing that customer service is a tough job with having to deal with angry customers. As it’s impossible to know who to blame (maybe their communication system is just terribly flawed) I’d rather not be pissed off at the guy trying to do his job following the procedures set by the company with whatever tools he’s got.
I am sure no harm is intended.

@Lech I’d rather not use a debt collector agency; I think it’s a bit overkill in this case. But I’ll keep that in mind, thanks for the suggestion.

@darenager Never heard of a restocking fee for a broken product. Sounds outrageous.

Although I do think that a restocking fee should be applied in Europe for simple returns of a perfectly working product but retailers don’t ask for it :man_shrugging:

IMO the law in Europe which forces sellers to refund fully if the product is returned within 14 days should be updated because it’s much prone to abuse

3 Likes

Don’t confuse aggressive with angry. You can be politely aggressive and achieve your goal.

2 Likes

I think you mean you can be politely angry without being aggressive

2 Likes
  • This empathy is good but unrelated to your problem at hand.
  • Someone fucked up, possibly repeatedly, intentions are irrelevant.
  • If you are wronged it is up to you to escalate
    to someone who can right how you have been wronged.
  • While customer service reps are people too, they do not currently care about your problems and how you have (at this point) been stolen from.

Taking control of this situation to get what you deserve is not aggressive. It is the only proper reaction to a scenario where they’ve repeatedly let you down.

Keep calling PayPal.

1 Like

@MAD-RON I just heard back from the retailer and they charged me £15 for the return delivery, since the item was faulty I don’t think they are allowed to do this by law.

A replacement arrived from a different retailer and it works as expected, so there is no doubt that the first was faulty, I have explained this to the retailer and am waiting for a reply, I will report back once I hear from them.

It might be worth contacting trading standards or the equivalent in your locale if the issue isn’t resolved.

3 Likes

@MAD-RON: Sorry to hear about this. What Bax is doing (well, not doing), it’s outrageous. I think the amount of money involved is large enough to start thinking about a debt collector, soon. Keep calling them and PayPal too maybe it will be resolved, but inform yourself if and how you can take legal action against them in case Bax refuses to give back your money.

This is just very, very wrong.

1 Like

Just to add another user opinion of Bax. Phoned Bax last week finally got through after 10/mins. Now they said theyd get back to me after i wanted more information. Still waiting 4 days later. I used to like them(although packaging has been awful). But i think they have outgrown themselves and are no longer in control.

Different situation, but I had a my TT-606 Drum Drone go haywire on me. I had to ship to Perfect Circuit Audio and pay for shipping both ways. The worst part is, it was fixed by a particular button combination that they could’ve walked me through on the phone. Long story short, they fixed it, but when I asked what the button combination was, they couldn’t get me a definitive answer. So now if it happens again, I’m up shit creek with no paddle and pay another $60 bucks for shipping to fix it again.

Every shop has different policies, but it was a sour experience to say the least. Persistence is typically the key to getting these things resolved. I had many calls and emails back and forth. Good luck with PayPal / Bax, hope it works out!

@Kegeratorz Ah yes, my bad. Sorry for for misinterpreting
@thermionic You are both right. I tend to avoid conflict as much as possible which is a terrible habit to have. Guess it’s time to grow some ballz

@Cepheid Thanks !
Won’t the manufacturer tell you what the combination is?

2 Likes

I’ve tried to reach out to Cyclone Analogic directly but no response. Reading through the TT-606 thread at Gearslutz, some owners have also tried to reach out and have had no luck. I’m actually considering selling the unit because I don’t want the same situation to arise, but I really like the hihats on it.

1 Like