[solved] High pitched noise after OS upgrade? Did I screw up?

Hi guys,

after some really busy months at the office I decided to finally update my AR to 1.30. The syses dump went fine, but now the machine is making a high pitched noise (which cannot be muted). Instruments seem to play fine - except for the annoying (and loud) noise.

Did I break my machine?

Does it still do it if you disconnect the USB?

You have to calibrate after updating that to that OS. leave it on for about 2 hours, start calibrate, wait, and check again.

Ah! Great. That fixed it. Will calibrate it too. Thanks for the quick replies. I just had one of those cold-sweat attacks. :wink: You guys are great!

1 Like

If Overbridge is enabled and it makes this noise when connected via USB, open the Overbridge Control Panel and enable or disable any of the channels. (Note that you need to press the ‘Apply’ button for the configuration to take effect)

You only need to do this once. When the issue goes away, you can apply any channel configurations without a problem.

3 Likes

Great tip! Will try that too if problem persists after calibration.
Thanks! What a great community.

Oh man… “Apply”! I tried everything above to fix this issue, but didn’t press “apply”. I was about to give up on Overbridge…thanks!

1 Like

Just a note to anyone having this issue: My Overbridge control panel in standalone mode has a scroll bar that needed to be scrolled all the way to the right before the “discard” and “apply” buttons were visible. Took a minute to discover that! I have a PC with Windows 8. @Ess 's solution fixed it right up though!

1 Like

I was going crazy, until i tried unplugging the overhub! That worked… Thanks!

Any idea weather this is a defective overhub or my PCs USB?

I think it’s a hum caused by a power loop. There might be something you can do to make sure everything is plugged into the same outlet but I don’t know.