[Solved]Can't update Overbridge,missing old package overbridge 2.0.24.11 beta

hi folks,quick one…

I’m trying to install newest Overbridge on the old version “overbridge 2.0.24.11 beta”

installation can’t success because i can’t remove old version…

Zrzut ekranu (121)

I’m trying to find this file but no success…please help

what the heck is an Instalator ? Never heard of such a thing

when installing OB you completely uninstall using the provided tool and reboot before reinstalling and rebooting

i can’t see teh Elektron install referring you to an Instalator but as i don’t run windows who knows … CD-ROM , really ?

Mate,im lost same as you.Just clicked instalation package downloaded from elektron with newest overbridge (cuz my old cant connect after Digitakt OS update) and here it is…some window refering to old version that cant move forward.

If you are installing 2.0.39 and it is asking for that i would be surprised - the included uninstaller shouldn’t need additional tools - seems odd - speak to support or look through some of the discussions on windows installs - sorry, can’t help

I manual cut all from registry,that helped me to run installation again.Its working now.Thx btw.

1 Like

What did you remove from the Windows registry? I can’t uninstall the previous version of Overbridge (v2.0.37.3) nor update to the latest version (v2.0.39.1) on Windows 10. The installer tries to uninstall the (previous) version, but in both cases the installer rolls back to the previously installed version. Thanks.

At the end of the process I receive the following message:

“Elektron Overbridge 2.0.39.10 Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, run setup wizard again. Click the finish button to exit the setup wizard.”

When you modify (or remove) the Overbridge installation (Settings > Apps > Elektron Overbridge) it apparently needs the original installation file. My previous version of Overbridge was installed by running the .exe file from zip, which opens in the Temp folder.

Uninstalling Overbridge - Windows 10

Fortunately, I still had the original installation file. But for some odd reason, I first had to uninstall the drivers / VSTs for my devices before I could uninstall OB.

After two restarts, I was finally able to install the latest version.

1 Like

I downloaded “revo free uninstaller” and in main window i selected to remove overbridge.

After unistaller run in to error,in next window tick all registry entry and hit “delate”, repeat it on next window when asking about the directories.

I did restart and new overbidge installed from downloaded package.

let me know if this works for you to.

Hi, I already figured it out after I tried to modify the existing installation. As described in my previous post above. The installer needed the original installation file. Since I still had that .exe file, I was eventually able to uninstall OB. Thanks btw for your reply!

Yes this worked, tried to install 2.0.39.10 on Win 10, kept saying setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error, but when i download the older version 2.0.37.3 months ago I unzipped it on the desktop window to install, I still had the old file on another HDD so I unzipped it again on my desktop window, restarted the computer, closed down the Overbridge Engine, and installed 2.039.10 without any issue, I have attached the older version, hope this helps

Elektron 2.0.37.3

The crew at Elektron just answer my question about this issue.

I use this tool for Microsoft
https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed

Then can install a fresh updated version.
thanks

1 Like