Solution found for LFO Sync Start in DAW with Overbridge 2

Hi everyone,

just new to this forum and wanted to contribute.

I’ve bought an Analog Heat MKII this week and I really like it. Made a couple of great presets with a BPM synced LFO only to find out that it was next to impossible to line it up correctly with my song in the DAW.

Everywhere I looked people were having problems cause Overbridge does not reset the LFO when song playback starts, causing the effect to be out of sync by a random offset and is really annoying.

I did found a workaround on this forum but that involved sending a CV or connecting a pedal.
That clearly involves extra hardware and you might not have access to that.

Bummer. (Drumroll)

At least that what I originally thought… :wink:

I have found a solution/workaround for this, all in the DAW. This is what I did:

1. Put Overbridge on a bus
  2. Routed my original synth sound through the bus (Synth 1)
  3. Routed a new synth with a saw init patch with no attack (Synth 2) through the bus
  4. Set my AH LFO from FREE to TRIGGER
  5. Make sure that my speed setting was x32 (or some other setting that syncs to the BPM)
  6. Inserted a couple of bars before my arrangement
  7. At the start of the song I inserted a note played by Synth 2
  8. Noted at what setting the envelope trigger is blinking red when I play Synth 2 (8.50 worked for me)
  9. I automate the threshold level to drop down from the previous step’s value to 0 (WHILST THE NOTE FROM SYNTH 2 IS PLAYING) <- Important!

This causes the trigger to stay open during the duration of the song.

Result:

LFO that stays in sync!

Note: you do have to start the song from the beginning in order for the sync to happen!

I have made a Youtube video explaining what I did in detail. Never did that before so be gentle :wink:

Best of luck.

Dennis

5 Likes