Solid State Logic .. SSL Big SiX

@guictr Posted this link in the SSL Six thread, so I thought it would be good to give it its own thread to discuss or speculate. Nothing is confirmed, and there are no pics or information available yet, but with a price and placeholder page on B&H, this looks like it might be coming soon.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1662911-REG/solid_state_logic_729752x2_bigsix.html

Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 2.53.24 PM

5 Likes

Some things that I would like to see, or speculate on seeing is:

• Double the channel count
  • More controls for the master buss compressor, maybe add an attack and release
  • The new channel comp circuit from the 500 series module which is a little more flexible
  • More ins and outs on the back, maybe negating the need for DB25 for certain things like channel inserts and master inserts.
4 Likes

Life is uncertain, we can only hope. Please SSL. :pray:

2 Likes

It doesn’t look like they will be at Superbooth. Maybe we will get an announcement this week?

1 Like

Whelp, the page was taken down off of B&H’s website. Someone jumped the gun!

The name appears on this Product ID site too:

https://productiq.ulprospector.com/en/profile/2859557/azot7.e500505?term=AZOT7&page=69

3 Likes

Good find!

And glad to know it is UL Certified. I hate when my mixers catch fire after a heated session of sizzling cuts.

8 Likes

Probably nothing but SiX isn’t on that list.

SSL has my attention. :slight_smile:
I’m very excited about this.

2 Likes

Huh, new revision of their bus comp too, then.

The UC1 and UC8 are both recent, so that may only be showing some new products. Also doesn’t include their recent 500 series modules or any of dozens of older current products they sell.

I am intrigued !!!

The price is a little more than the SixCH x6.
In a rack?

2 Likes

I’m imagining something that looks like that. Plus USB interface, master compressor, and all the cues/monitor outputs of the SiX.

5 Likes

yes, please!

1 Like

Normally I’d think USB interface wouldn’t be that good. But they did a pretty nice job with SSL 2(+).

2 Likes

If MPC 2.10 firmware was released before I got the SiX, I may have justified using the the SSL2+ Instead. It’s a really nice interface.

That all said, glad it fell the way that it did!

My dream would be an X-Desk size analog mixer, 12 channels of line and XLR connections and USB Audio.

One can dream

2 Likes

My prayers may have been answered: SSL Big SiX - New Solid State Logic Console Info Leaked | Production Expert

3 Likes

Found this :wink:

5 Likes