So, what do you do?

Hej from Sweden! Nice too meet you all!
I just switched from being a 3D-Artist for 6 years to do coding for a living. Now working as an iOS App developer.

Electronic music has always been my choice and when I stopped channeling my creative desire through 3D, music naturally took it’s place.

Running my own business besides a full-time employment i promise my self that I will never try to make money out of music and just enjoy fiddling with no pressure :slight_smile: (well i make sounds for my own app projects some times.)

Now I’m testing different gear to see what fits my way of working. I started within Ableton live and push but I soon realised that hardware is so much more fun and suits me better!

3 Likes

Hello

Charlotte, NC
University Of Florida

Project Manager, Pre Construction Manager, Senior Estimator for a Concrete and Masonry Contractor.
Division 3 Concrete
Structural Engineering, Value Engineering, Post Tension

Been DJing since 99’ (2002-2009) Solsonic through SE.
Promoted (Purchase Agent) EDM Parties in Charlotte from 2001-2008

Recently started back into collecting, playing and recording.
Mostly vintage gear with some newer gear.
DAW: Reason 7, Studio One2, Maschine Studio

1 Like

Now I am interested in your studies. Any links to this or your personal studies?

You sir, have a tough job. One of the toughest and you deserve applause and an award.
Seriously thank you!

Im a metal worker :joy:

1 Like

Any tips on welding some rectangular tube steel, attempting a plate reverb build very soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

AV system design consultant for various projects ranging from theaters, music venues, recording facilities,

in a nutshell:

I specialize in the construction phase of projects, coordinating with architects and engineers to get the proper infrastructure in place and seeing to that everything get’s done properly.

3 Likes

I teach English at a kindergarten in Seoul, I’ve been a teacher for about 3 years. On top of that, I’m also doing a masters degree in applied linguistics. Unfortunately both of those things leave little time left for playing with my music gear/juggling/home brewing and a host of other hobbies that get neglected these days.

2 Likes

Great to have a story to all these avatars :slight_smile:
Anesthesiologist here. Trauma.
Severe injured patients, thats where i’m mainly at.
Not that much research.
Not enough time to spend with my machines.
This and the lack of time to spend with my family makes me wanna reduce my worktime in 1-2years i guess…
Music, Surfing, Love… That’s where I want to be…

2 Likes

Something different here; Military personal, working as professional soldier.
Been to ISAF mission in Afghanistan. I work mostly radio comunications and translations.

Its just to pay bills. I hate military.

My biggest interests besides music momenteraly is spiritualism, sacred geometry etc… Trying to connect that with music. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am in Germany, working fulltime as an IT system architect for germaniest biggest online shopping platform. I do IT now for more than twenty years…and the job pays the bills and finances my Elektrons. And you know how it is, i dont like working in IT anymore, stupid useless jobs there, just circling around itself, without a deeper meaning, but a man gotta do what a man needs to do, to feed the family. Having two girls, one 7 years and one 1 months old. They are my joy, my love, and i do it for them. :slight_smile: :heart:

2 Likes

i am sales rep./product manager for Moog, Akai, Motu, iConnectivity, Trident, Toft Audio, Joemeek in switzerland.
Before that i was working for switzerlands biggest music store.
Besides that, i am teaching young people how to dj in a local youth education programm

2 Likes

You sir, have a tough job. One of the toughest and you deserve applause and an award.
Seriously thank you![/quote]
It can be! It really varies, last year was tough as hell, but this year it’s a whole lot smoother. It really depends. It’s something I can handle though - when I see ‘Senior Estimator for a Concrete and Masonry Contractor’ that sounds impressive to me, as I literally wouldn’t have a single clue as to where to start. With teaching you can at least use a lot of intuition. :slight_smile:

Project Manager for an architectural hardware distributor/consultant firm.

Pays the bills.

1 Like

Elektro Nurse , expert in hearing care and Elektro Shocks
lots of techno work…
Serious… im nurse and work with children every day…
Pediatric area , that´s why i need to make elegant sounds at home , to free all my acumulated stress

2 Likes

Sounds great, Must visit you one day :slight_smile:

Seriously thank you![/quote]
It can be! It really varies, last year was tough as hell, but this year it’s a whole lot smoother. It really depends. It’s something I can handle though - when I see ‘Senior Estimator for a Concrete and Masonry Contractor’ that sounds impressive to me, as I literally wouldn’t have a single clue as to where to start. With teaching you can at least use a lot of intuition. :slight_smile: [/quote]
Estimating/Sales. That’s the rewarding side, I’ve been called the “Concrete Evangelist.” I love my job and sharing with customers and clients. I excel at the Pre-Construction Phase.
Being a smaller company, this means everyone here has a lot more responsibility, which is another term for headache and sacrifice.
Project Management means sometimes I have a lot of fires. I also teach inside my office.
My mantra “We all put our pants on the same way”
We are all human. As humans we are all imperfect.
Embrace your mistakes for what they are, embrace others mistakes with a keen eye, surround yourself with an A+ Team.
Raise your IQ and EQ. Don’t let emotion get in the way.

1 Like

Wow, we’ve got an incredibly diverse group here! For some reason, I’m surprised by the number of architects, though. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyway, by day, I’m an attorney. To put it simply, I practice in the area of business litigation. By night, I’m a husband and father to a newborn son.

How do I find time to spend on my hobby? I’ve recently started to bring my boxes out on the couch in the evening, along with a pair of headphones. That way, I can watch TV with the family and jam a little, too. FWIW, the Tempest makes for an excellent couch-jamming instrument, as does the A4! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m a paralegal for a disability rights organization. I do a whole bunch of other stuff for the organization too, including IT (figures).

1 Like

Great post.

I’m an IT guy doing websites, mass mailing, SEO, some designs too…Trying to make it all work together.

Nice to meet my fellow silky fingers friends :wink:

1 Like