So, what do you do?

Always an Elektron in my bag when I go working on a f***'ing drilling rig

3 Likes

Lifelong programmer/web developer, trying to make some music when and where possible. In the past few years iā€™ve started to work on building MIDI controllers (SFX-JII and [url=ā€œhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eā€“MH6q7Fo4ā€]Morph4) and abandoned the ā€˜web developerā€™ side of programming

3 Likes

I graduated as an architect, and after little time, i found myself thinking i could become self-employed doing parametric design consultancy, where i build simple software to help designer explore there ideas or solve complex geometrical problems. I still do that and architecture / art installations as Procedural Strategies. Currently after becoming a father, iā€™m looking into getting more projects that are at the margin between architecture, art and creative coding. But am also interested in doing the more practical architecture project where i could use the above skills or not.
Right now iā€™m working for the SkateMoss project which is proving to be very exciting.

Next to that, iā€™ve found myself being a party promoter, techno producer and label manager, while also doing some webdesign with my brother as the vbbros.

Thereā€™s more iā€™m doing, but as iā€™ve found myself not having enough time, iā€™m narrowing down my activities to push the parametric design and the music more. Would really love to nail being doing only 2 things i reckon.

1 Like

Im an IT-consultant by day. :slight_smile:

By night i tries to fit together time with my family, writing stuff, play tabletop rpgs, create music, be a father and a good friend. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I teach music at a Junior high in Japan. Been here 7 years now. Use it as an excuse to sit in the teachers room and play with OT and MD.

6 Likes

I am the technical support manager at Open Labs, a computer music hardware and software company based in Austin, TX.

3 Likes

Software testing consultant, with a 2Ā½ year old son at home using up all spare time there is. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do nothingā€¦and iā€™m very good at it.

I used to trade financial markets in the UK, came to Bulgaria in 2000, been here ever since!

5 Likes

Used to be a recording engineer in LA. Seems like a former life now.

Now, I own three menswear boutiques. Quite a change. I love it though. Just need some more time to make music!

1 Like

I run an education provision for hard to reach kidsā€¦using music and digital media as tools for re-engagement.

Also spend as much time possible in my studio making tracks and re-editsā€¦some of which are being released on various labels here in the UKā€¦

LIVE for gear!!!

2 Likes

Iā€™m a graphics designer, doing mostly corporate and editorial design. I never made and probably never will make a dime on music, but I love fiddling with sound and making beats. Iā€™m also a sucker for hardware.

1 Like

I work in the aircraft industry (maintenance) and are a music lover, play vinyl and make music with some synths and machines that are able to have

2 Likes

Iā€™m a consultant for enterprise forum software, working for a SF company but based in London, originally from Bonnie Scotland - Och Aye!

1 Like

iā€™m trey from the uk iā€™m a totally blind djing and electronic music production student i own the a4 loads of other hardware and reaper4.0 on 64bit windows7 kind regards trey

1 Like

I am a preschool teacher, working on creating a pedagogical environment that nurtures learning, developing, curiosity and cooperation every day with kids age 3 to 5. Itā€™s quite litterally the best job imaginable :slight_smile: Kids are truly awesome.

Also, itā€™s such a joy-filled and enjoyable work that I have to make pitch black, aggressive dystopian techno when I come home :wink:

3 Likes

Until a few weeks ago I was an analyst on a leveraged syndicated loan portfolio. I recently resigned so I could return to college to do a related masters degree.

This is my first post on a music related forum.

Hello.

1 Like

Technical Sales Manager providing bespoke blinds and curtains etc for big ass Super and Megayachts. Working with Interior Designers and Architects on a daily basis. I like working with these clients, the product - not so much.
Husband and (relatively) recent Father, so had less time for the boxes or the forum than I have had previously, still lurk habitually (whenever possible) will try to contribute more in this new era.

My music belongs in my spare room, it is my cave, my retreat, makes me feel different to the people I interact with all day, my full body tattoo under a 3 piece suit.

1 Like

I work full time as Producer/sound guy at a big Sports Tv station
I do approx 1000 hours of Live TV broadcast every yearā€¦
Sd/HD/3Dā€¦ Embedded audio/Dolby encoding/decodingā€¦sat receiversā€¦video mixersā€¦ Graphixā€¦
NfL,NHL,Champions League, Premier Leagueā€¦ You name it - I got the T-shirt :wink:

4 Likes

Iā€™m a power generation equipment test and validation engineer for one of the major industry OEMs. Based in UK, travelling worldwide to our production facilities and client locations.
Fairly interesting work most of the time. Sometimes Iā€™m away from the folks at home a bit too much - but like lots of guys replying to this thread youā€™ve gotta do what youā€™ve gotta do to pay the billsā€¦20yrs ago the dream was to do music full time but now Iā€™m happy enough with it as a hobbyā€¦

1 Like

Building starts on our new recording studio very soon, with that and the kids iā€™ve no time for a day job.

Even then, it wont be run much as a commercial studio, just somewhere to go all day and think we have day jobs.

1 Like