So, no way of controlling each machine’s sequencer

…via overbridge, right? I’m looking for a way to control AR and AK sequencers (especially song modes).

1 Like

Anybody know (I don’t have access to overbridge as it is now)?

Unfortunately not. This would be killer feature taking workflow to completely different level. I don’t know, why there is such a little interet in this.

4 Likes

+1, that would be great.

first let them get it out of beta - mostly stable on win10 for me already, but a few quirks with osx as I heard are to be solved.
beeing able to program/change/randomiz/whatever the stepsequencer and arranger with visual aid would be very nice. also starting/stopping/changing patterns would be apreciated.

is there a request thread for stuff like this?

3 Likes

@Rusty, @mekohler - what do you guys think, would it even be possible to create a wrapper for A4/AK, AR and OT song modes?

1 Like

What exactly do you mean by that?

I don’t know :joy:. No, but ideally I would like to have one touchpoint where I could control the different machines song modes, synced to a joint timeline. From what I’ve seen of your upcoming sequencer module, maybe something like that but with layers/tabs for the A4/AK and AR too.

What can you guys retrieve in terms of song mode details that can be altered?

You could have something like this?

AREdit : Cross-platform OSX/Windows software Editor, Librarian and VST/AU plugin for the Analog Rytm

2 Likes

I’d say more like your arranger module? I’m basically looking for a universal arranger, I’m realising…

For a multi hardware arranger; yep; got one of those as well. Supports various bits of hardware.

Basically you are then just building a mini DAW and controlling via Midi Messages.

1 Like

Tuesday then?!

Seriously, THAT needs to be released. I’d pay good money, my friend :ecstatic:

1 Like

What is wrong with your DAW?

1 Like

It’s not following Elektron principles :wink:. Tbh, I only use Logic as a tape recorder as it is now and would prefer to do all sequencing and premixing away from the daw.

Using a standalone multi-arranger would be perfect solution for me!

1 Like

Which DAW?

Logic Pro X

What I developed is essentially a mini DAW; started life off as an Octatrack recorder (aka OctaBounce); then expanded from that.

At the fundamental level; you want to be sending a midi message at x to device y

You can do that in Logic (or any DAW) with a couple of channels and midi clips; use loop markers and away you go.

To expand it to what it sounds like you want; you would want to have support for a list of devices; easy enough I guess…

But then you would also want audio recording as well…
And parameter automation…
And support additional devices…

See where this rabbit hole is going? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How much money?

I know, I know but I promise I only need a locked down universal arranger :zipper_mouth_face:

For me it’s worth twice as much as OctaEdit at least and I’m planning on buying that as well

Quite a niche market, no?

Have you tried the DAW / template approach?