So is the RYTM now a super Digitakt?

Rytm has 12 tracks, not 8.

To be fair, you can only really use 8 tracks Per step. If a midi note is triggered on track 3, the synth sounds on track 4 will not trigger.
It would be wicked awesome if there was a way around that though

I mostly use the synth sounds to make my drums - so AR wins for me.

Using pad scenes live is also really fun.

I made a new flush stand for my new Rytm.

It’s staying for sure. Still up in air about needing the Digitakt. I have 4 tracks on the Digitone Keys to use for the Virus. I could make use of the 8 tracks on the Digitakt (which I think is great) for the Virus as well but I also have a black box coming. I’ll keep the Digitakt for now until deemed unnecessary. I definitely feel that the Rytm can replace my Digitakt for drums, but not MIDI.

6 Likes

Dude you could sample the heck out of the DN keys with percussion and FM drums stright onto the DT…freeing up the DN from any percussion duty and adding a sampled fm drum machine to juxtapose the dark analogue sound of the A4mkii. Have a different delay and reverb on each device, control 8 channels of virus with plocks and still have 4 midi channels spare (for an un expected purchase you are sure to make) if you keep it. Mind blowing possibilities.

I have DT and ARmkii and consider the DT my rig brain, that has the benifit of being a sampler. But the ARmkii I consider to be a drum machine. That has the benefit of playing samples.

1 Like

I really like my DT and have had a lot of great sessions with it. It’s highly likely that it will stay around. I’m trying to whittle down to a live performance friendly setup and I really like the idea of it all fitting behind the DN Keys.

I could maybe spare some room on the side as I plan to have a black box there playing back transitional fx audio. I don’t want to have too much gear to complicate performing though.

1 Like

To help you out, we should swap my virus snow for yours…just to help you out with space. :joy:

1 Like

What a great idea! …hey wait a sec :stuck_out_tongue:

I am finally experimenting with MIDI sequencing in the AR and didn’t realize it was monophonic. Feels like a very strange limit — and it is a severe limit.

2 Likes