SMD - Small MIDI Device

nnice :relaxed:

1 Like

new version of the manual is now available for download on the website :relaxed:

1 Like

quick update: a new firmware is available for download at the same place as above :grin:
make sure to download the FUP application (needed to send the firmware to the SMD). the firmware is sent over MIDI.
for more info…just stop by the IRC channel:relaxed:

…updated website :slight_smile: now it is even deep-linkable :astonished::grin:

Multi MIDI Learn© ?
Really© ?
© :loopy: e

:astonished: :diddly: :grin:

i finally managed to get a short video together to explain some basics of the SMD

…and it is also the first video i made with voice-over :grin:
this should hopefully help get started with your SMD :relaxed:
as usual, feedback, questions and comments are more than welcome

5 Likes

…and one more :relaxed: (no voice-over i’m afraid :scream::grin:)
thought it would help get a better idea of what the SMD does with MIDI CCs

2 Likes

Wow that looks SO much better than your previous one.
One tip: I would like the cursor to show that the images on the front page are clickable. Usability. :diddly:
And some hover/click effect on the youtube, soundcloud etc images would be nice.

Monomachine with the plastic film on it… :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

thanks srjev :slight_smile: …duly noted :relaxed:

:grin:

…anyone having fun with this wee box? :thinking:
it would be nice to have some feedback from those users that have one (regardless of whether it’s the first version or the second) and i’m sure others would benefit from it as well :relaxed:

so yeah…share your thoughts and experiences with the SMD (even outside this forum…tell your friends they need one! (or even two…) help spread the word :grin:)

Crazy idea.

An app in which you can specify cc parameters to spit out , effectively allowing you to program this device if there’s no midi out.

Eg meeblip
Or maybe I just set it up in daw then swap leads.
Would that work ?

…that’s not tooo crazy of an idea actually re5et :relaxed:
one of those things that could be implement at some point but as it stands (sales/feedback-wise) i can’t see much myself investing time into something that may/may not be used from say a max of 5/10 users? :astonished: nonetheless, duly noted :grin:
so…yeah, could do that but mh…

Tempted to buy one …

Would it be black ?
Does it keep the cc assignment when it’s turned off ?
Once cc is assigned is it 0 to 255 or whatever full is … 128 / 64 ?

Does it take into account how much you turn the dial to set a scale value / range , if I turn filter fully , but turn resonance a little bit , does it matter or does it scale it ?

Does random also spit out full range ? I’ve been using nord4r which has different strengths for random / mutate.

Is it easy to update firmware ? Via midi or something ?
Another silly idea , could one of the bunches be programmed but send out random / gradient of numbers ( like a lfo or something )… Not sure how I’d use it.

The 1 in 4 out works nicely. Might grab another when they’re around.
Cheers
Wayne.

yes re5et, standard color is black but wouldn’t be hard to make a ‘one off’ with a different color (depending on the color)

MIDI CCs are stored internally and are retained even when the controller is switched off

the range for the CCs values is full but the way the controller will send MIDI CCs values, will depend on the value the SMD received when assigning the MIDI CC and whether parameters wrap is enabled or not (you can find more info on how this works in the manual)

the controller doesn’t take in account how fast/slow you turn the encoder, it just ‘records’ the first useful value it receives, which will then be used to generate the values when turning the encoder on the SMD

the random function generates random values in the full range, it is not possible to set a strength parameter in the current firmware but it’s something that could be eventually implemented

yes, the firmware can be upgraded via MIDI

…i’ll take note of that idea as well, you never know and glad to know the Mini-T is working fine, the next batch will be available soon :relaxed:
i hope this helps

2 Likes

check your paypal account :slight_smile:

:smile::grin: nice one re5et! formal email confirmation on its way :relaxed:

for those interested: second batch is almost finished, got only 2 PCBs left…act now or wait for the next one :scream::relaxed::grin: