Small doubt for ambient music

Hello sorry if it’s to obviously the answer I don’t find nothing about that

I have long samples (like 5 min long) and I trigger them with the slot mode, but in the middle of the sample (on a random moment that I choose) I want to push play and activate 3 tracks that have a beat (kick,hh, and snare) but when I activate the play bottom all the change to track mode and the sample start on a pattern of 16x16 over and over, and I would love that just play all the pattern complete the 5 mins over and over and not 10 seconds… and be able to introduce the beat when I want

How I can do this?

Thanks a lot

Excuse my English

1 Like

Press [FUNCTION] + [BANK] when GRID RECORDING mode is not active and check “plays free”.

There are probably more ways from more experienced users :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you mean the long sample repeats at every pattern cycle and you don’t want it to?

1 Like

That’s what I understood too.

1st trig condition, one shot trig, manual trig, one shot plays free…

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer, now when I want to stop the track 1 and play the second the track one still playing. And I would love that I can activate and desactívate the tracks when I want

Thanks! Now my problem it’s that I don’t know how to stop the track 1 for play the track 2 without stop the beat that it’s going

Thanks

You can manually (and quantized) start and stop plays free tracks.

Are you using plays free?

2 Likes

Yes, it stops to trigger trigs, but it doesn’t stop a long sample playing, once it has been triggered.

You can stop a sample playing with Track button + stop, or reduce AMP HOLD/RELEASE, which can be assigned to the crossfader. Also possible to stop it playing another sample over it (with Slots mode, eventually Slices mode).

5 Likes

This is what I want!!
But I put plays free
And trig mode one2

But when I play starts and when I press again the bottom start again (and what I want it’s that stop as says the manual)

Maybe I’m missing something?

Thanks for the help

Above post.

3 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

1 Like