SM-LL - Batch 0014 (Fully recorded on a Digitakt)

Enjoy !
K.

7 Likes

Really enjoying the snippets, great label too :+1:t3:
At first I thought maybe Buchla/Serge samples, then decided no, maybe actually a digital sound source and the tv/radio creeping in thereā€¦ Iā€™ll probably change my mind when I hear the FLAC :laughing:
Care to shed any light on your sample curation or techniques?
Congrats on the release anyways :slightly_smiling_face:

Thx for listening :slight_smile:
I mainly used a Moog DFAM feeding into a Vermona Retroverb as my weapons of choice for this project (except for the vocal sample ofcours). Once i had sampled all the one shots and loops i needed they were further processed into the Digitakt . Mainly tweaking frequencies as iā€™m mixing inside the Digitakt . I used a combination of swing , microtiming , intentional bad cropping of loops and midiloopback tricks to get those off grid grooves . All tracks were performed live in one take to stereo 2 track .

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the info, really interesting, I look forward to hearing the tracks in more detail too, waiting for pay day!
Inspiring when a minimal use of gear leads to results that have such character.
Thanks for sharing :+1:t3:

1 Like

Nice! Love SM-LL.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s hilarious. I literally threw this on a minute ago while I was on the Lines forum. I had just thought ā€œI wonder how this one was madeā€ when I wandered over here. Nice job on this.

1 Like