Slow down b & p select time-out? (OT MkII)

Hi,

is there a setting to slow down the bank select and pattern select time-out on the OT mkII? It goes way to fast, I metered 1 seconds and 19 ms. On my Digitone I metered 4 seconds and 45 ms to hit the correct button. Which is far more reasonable!

You can just keep the PTN and BANK buttons held down… I’m not aware of a setting to control the timeout, though.

1 Like

Ok, thanks. Because I often play guitar or bass at the same time, I’d rather not need two hands to perform simple housekeeping tasks on my machines such as changing patterns… but well. If I’m the only one bothered by this I guess I’ll have to live with it then.

Use a toothpick, or solder a footswitch! :smile:
A midi foot controller is more appropriate.

1 Like

Haha! I once thought of a mechanical contraption when some gear never got the firmware update to implement a simple automation function, but that was more out of frustration.

A footcontroller is not so handy for changing banks and patterns while improvising. It means planning ahead. I have a Yamaha MFC10 which is great , has lots and lots of banks but it’s cumbersome to change banks on the MFC. I use it for pickup machines, controlling my eventide fx units, mute/unmute stuff and so forth. You can easily end up using 10th’s of banks of 10 switches each if you really are a control freak. I prefer limiting deported controls to the strict necessary: preferably 1 switch one function. When I do other types of music (like plain good old rock: guitar+fx+amp) I don’t mind bank switching on the MFC10 but with this complex midi set-up I need not to add sources of confusion.

1 Like

I have an old Fc200, quite complete. With a midi processor I can add functionalities.
I’d like an MFC10 too. Soft Step 2 eventually, but I like to be able to edit settings without computer.

How many patterns / banks do you need per project?
Cheap tip : it’s easier and faster to choose a pattern with same trig as bank.
Bank 1 > Patt 1
Bank 2 > Patt 2
Etc

If you need more patterns
Bank 1 > Patt 1, Patt 2…
Bank 2 > Patt 2, Patt 3…
Bank 3 > Patt 3, Patt 4…
Etc

Interesting @avantronica’s tip with MFC10

Connecting external midi controller

1 Like

Ah yes I see, indeed.

I had read that post on the MFC10 programming for the pickup machine. The MFC10 is very fexible for that sort of things and the Elektrons have a cleverly designed midi implementation, they are a good pair. I’ve been using my MFC10 for over a 1000 concerts in all sorts of circumstances (rain, burning hot sun on the mediterrean beach, ice cold outside gigs in the alps) and it has never let me down. I have it for 15 years I guess, and it was a second-hand purchase! Talk about good product design and manufacturing quality… BTW, I should think of changing the internal memory battery one of these days…