Slow build ambient drone on Elektron + Soma gear

Hey folks,

I’ve decided to start recording a series of one-take ambient/drone studio performances.

The series is titled “Isolated Drones” and the first of them is up on YouTube:

and can also be downloaded for free on Bandcamp:

It’s a very slow building 22 min+ track, with a focus on multiple textured layers, so bear with it if you have the time :smiley:

Hopefully some folks enjoy it and can drift away a bit.

Next one I’m planning to incorporate the new Pulsar 23 which just arrived the day I was making that recording :slight_smile:

Thanks!

9 Likes

Made another one of these - a bit shorter this time and featuring the all new Soma Pulsar-23 :slight_smile:

Although I’m using the Pulsar as a strange drone/fx box, but hopefully will do some other more beat oriented experiments soon, it’s a beast!

2 Likes

Finally got another one up online. A bit of patience required on this one as it’s another slow builder, but hopefully you’ll find it relaxing. Decided to play around a bit more with this one using the Rhode NT2a pop-shield like a sort of bass drum and also bringing in a contact mic and some household items for some variation.

Enjoy!

4 Likes

Lovely sounding.very impressive :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thanks! Delighted you enjoyed it!

1 Like

Awesome! Love the trip! (This refers to the 1st one. Gotta check the others still. )

1 Like

Thanks!

A bit later than planned, but I finally got around to recording a 4th in the Isolated Drones series. More slow building ambient drone sounds, this time with some cello samples being sent through multiple Octatrack neighbours, and the Rytm being used as a pure drone machine (it’s surprisingly well suited to making textured drone sounds)

Hope you enjoy!