Slices question

I’m just done watching ned rush’ awesome octatrack slices tutorial: https://youtu.be/nxXO8qghmTA but one thing i cannot wrap my head around…

Around 17 minutes he puts a trig on the beginning of the pattern, locked to a slice. Slice setting is turned on on the playback page. Length set to 16. In the video the sample the starts playing, starting from the selected slice and then just plays the sample as normal. If i try this the octa plays only the selected slice or, if loop is selected, it loops the slice.

Does anyone know what i’m doing wrong?

Trig 01 has Slice locked. So it will play that slice; then revert back to normal?

Hold [ Trig 01 ] set the slice for the trig with [ Param B ]

1 Like

Lenght set to 16 - means trig plays locked slice and 15 next ones? If there are any. Locking last slice will play only that one?

2 Likes

Hi, i just tried Erasing the pattern and starting over, now it’s working. Dunno what went wrong there… thanks for the replies anyway

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Didn’t know you could do this! Sweet.

1 Like

When you select SLICe mode, default LENgth mode is Slice (number of). Maybe you changed it to Time (128th divisions).

3 Likes

I think i must have accidentally locked the length to 1 instead of 16 on that step…

3 Likes