SL MkIII keyboard controller from Novation

I sadly agree, I already send them an email, I’m just waiting for an answer
Thanks for the quick replies everyone :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi,
Just ordered the SL MK III 49. I own Digitakt. Sorry if this is a noobish question but… if I’m sequencing on the MK III will I still be able to use trig locks and trig conditions on Digitakt? Thanks, Z

1 Like

I think it does. Watch the novationtv YouTube channel. He is using the SL to control the octatrack. I just need to pay some bills and I will get the 61 key model. Let us know what you think about it.

3 Likes

Thank you, I will!

1 Like

I’ve just got the SL61 MK3, and can confirm it’s completely brilliant.

I need to do a bit more synth-tetris in my studio, but after a quick initial shuffle it fits like a glove…

6 Likes

Day one impressions with only using for ableton purposes.

1. It’s cool that I can use a drum rack and sequence it with the circuit sequencer. I’m still figuring out how to step sequence but after I fight this horrible cold and it’s the weekend i can get through it.

2. Drum pads are nice and sensitive out of the box. Even with light taps they register. Once they are broken in I’m sure they will get even better.

3. The keys are well made. An improvement over my x station keys.

4. Lights are bright but not too bright in a dim situation.

1 Like

:joystick:

1 Like

Plus they have a joystick controller with buttons hooked into the system, and a SubPac sub woofer in the chair.

2 Likes

When setting up zones to play parts on different MIDI channels, can each zone have its own scale using that scale mode…so that the LEDs above the keys in the different zones will highlight the scale as predetermined in the scale mode?

Scales mode is global - when using Zones, the selected scale is applied to each zone.

1 Like

Hello, I couldn’t find any info anywhere else but does anyone tried it with a prophet rev2 destop ?

For me the “prophet r2” mapping preset is broken. If I make my own with regular CC it works fine but if I use the default one, the parameters jump from 0 to 127 with no inbetween.

I also tried the different midi receive modes from the rev2 but it didn’t change anything…

Hi hommes_dountant,

Thank you for bringing this up. Does this happen with specific parameters or is this present on all parameters?

2 Likes

Novation closed their own forum a few years back, it is somewhat ironic that a user of a Novation product has asked a support question here, then a Novation employee is answering, I don’t have a problem with it but it does seem rather weird and could be a hint that Novation should not have closed their own forum, just sayin :wink:

I wonder if Dissenter will ever make its way into musical product pages…

to be honest, if i had trouble with any of my electronic music devices i´d mostly ask here first. lot´s of smart helpful people answering quick or at least giving hints for a solution !

1 Like

Hi,
I’m waiting for my SL MK3 to arrive.
Do you know if I will be able to create a ‘template’ to control a MDUW, since it’s mapped across several MIDI channels ?

Answering to myself after checking the component editor (but please tell me if I’m wrong).
It’s pointless since a template offers only 2 banks of 8 encoders.
But it seems to be not restricted to 1 MIDI channel (there is one ‘default’ channel but you can freely assign a channel per control).
So maybe it would make sense to make a few templates, maybe one for each MD track ?

1 Like

This is broken … And problem with cc is that everything can’t be mapped (like some LFO parameters)

You can have two rows of encoders for up to 8 instruments / midi channels, and this by template.
So I guess you could really do what you are looking for.

I love this keyboard.

3 Likes

Thanks.
Unfortunately I send it back. Very surprisingly, it doesn’t handle MIDI feedback from ableton. So when I load a liveset, the values displayed on the SL are not correct. Deal breaker for me.