Sketches for Lost Pixels : Digitone Only O.S.T

So, there is a story involving a kid and a strange living artifact, a journey to travel through other dimensions and of course, bad evil neo-futuristic wizards.

But it is mainly a Digitone only, Ambient O.S.T inspired by Indie games and Soundtracks .
It features a good chunk of the sounds i’ve created with my DN since Day One.

13 Likes

thats gorgeous…
were you inspired by FEZ and Rain World?
calling it ambient is putting it lightly, some tracks real bops. :blue_heart:

1 Like

Have been waiting to hear this! Just pressed play (and purchased) and really liking it so far. Congrats on the release!

1 Like

Thank you so much guys !!

@comradecry I’d even say that, being inspired by Fez and above all, Hyper Light Drifter soundtracks is an understatement :

In short, my life changed when i played those two games and discovered Disasterpeace’s music. My decision to get the Digitone and to go with synthesis is a result of my experience with these games/OSTs…and @eaves videos of course !

But the Monument valley 1/2 and Eastward Soundtracks are other big influences.
I’m want to play and love Rain World so bad but i’m struggling with the controls and haven’t been very far until now. So i don’t know the OST yet.

@korpinen Many thanks for the support and glad that you’re liking it !
Other than the influences stated above, i must put to profit this post to pay tribute to the Current Sounds Thread and the fellow Nauts who also had a major impact on what i’m producing now, and you’re part of it obviously !

And last but not least, all praise and glory to the Digitone and the people involved in it’s creation. This instrument is precious.

5 Likes

Purchased! I love your Current Sounds stuff so this was a no-brainer for me. Can’t wait to hear it when I get back home tonight :yellow_heart:

1 Like

I’ll start by saying that I love the title and the artwork.

Tremendous work @NeonMelk! I woke up this morning, saw your post, made toasts and coffee, took the iPad, made some Crosswords while listening to the entirety of your Album. It sounds gorgeous/beautiful/mysterious/uncanny. I will describe the Tracks as ‘‘Tableaux’’ (as in painting). Congrats on the release and yes, the Digitone is perfect for this kind of vibe/work. Purchased.

1 Like

Huge thanks @craig and @Tchu !!! You’re making me a happy camper !

@craig I hope you won’t find it too “commercial” in comparison of what i’m posting in CSCFYG, but it needed to be done, now i can go back to radical-anti-dancefloor stuff.

@Tchu Quite a description and Tableaux est absolument à mon goût comme interprétation !
I’m still amazed by the whole timeline that led me to the Digitone and where it’s taking me.
There is so much more to discover with it…

1 Like