Simple hardware for OB

i use overbridge as my interface to operate the AR. the AR serves me as an analog synthesizer / sample player for life drumming.
overbridge is perfect, but its always bit of a hassle to set up my laptop (which i use for other things too) and connect it to my AR.
any recommendations for a cheap mobile device that boots quickly and can handle overbridge?
possibly older piece of hardware / used. no sequencing, only tweaking the synth parameters, so very low hardware requirements, at the moment i run OB under win7 using savihost (plugin standalone, no host required)
but overbridge should run flawlessly.

any hints appreciated!

OB is gonna need either a pc or a mac to work. If your not using sequencing, etc from your computer, why not just use the Rytm stand alone? Fire it up and go. Maybe I don’t understand but it seems to me you’d have much better performance options controlling from the device itself, just without all the fancy visuals…

1 Like

does that mean, OB can´t be run on an ipad or other compareable mobile device?

i´ve been using AR standalone until OB came out. as i said i use the AR synth (and samples) while life drumming and acces most buttons on the machine very rarely. when setting up the sounds for the different tracks i have plenty of time and its a real step forward to have all parameters available constantly and visible at a glance.
but i dont want a discussion on whether its better to use AR standalone or with OB.

Correct, can’t be run on a tablet or mobile device…

You could run it on a Microsoft Surface. That’s def.a comparable mobile device.

thanks for the info !!

OSX or Windows. Simple as that.

[edit]…

With some hardware specs and needs of course.

I have not tried it myself, so please make sure to look up compatibility before buying a Surface on my recommendation :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like