SidStation reset on its own (sensitive to midi?)

I finally found a SidStation six months ago and it’s been working flawless. Sounds awesome, feels very nice in all controls. It seems overall to be in very good shape. Such a wonderful piece of gear, very happy with it.

However, yesterday it suddenly showed strange things in the display. Characters randomly changing and then it restarted itsef, and then again, and when it came to it had lost all patches.

I have my SidStation hooked up via midi like this
Cubase Computer (out via midi USB cable) -> Nyborg-12 (thru) -> SidStation

I also have a friend with a SidStation saying it has happened to him as well.

I read this (on http://www.elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=2&id=26871&catid=9&func=fb_pdf)

i saw something similar before… if the sid gets a program change message greater than the number of patches it can
store, it will go into some weird memory space and start deleting/reseting its memory (and eventually restart too).
program change messages as standard can go up to 127 but sid only has 99 (or 100, i forget). so there’s definitely a
danger of this and perhaps this is what you did.

On this forum I see that some people discussed the midi connectors being crappy and that it could generate random midi messages. So it kinda feels it’s very sensitive to midi stuff

I do have a lot of midi equipment connected via various USB cables and on the midi channel in Cubase outputting to the SidStation the Midi IN was set to ALL when this happened. Wasn’t touching much, but still in my experiance midi sometimes acts up on it own.

Are there any “official” or “confirmed” midi issues by design I should know about?