SID Redux SoundPack for Rytm

A very special pack for you all!

1 Like

Nice Datasette

Thanks data and elektron. These are the kind of sounds that are unique to elektron. Two thumbs up.

the
sound demo’s are fun.

also, very intrigued about how the internal synths are being layered.

what i’ve yet to figure out is how manage kits from packs like this that rely on samples in creating projects for songwriting and performance that makes sense.

does anyone have a solution that is working?

a few issues, these are issues i didn’t have w/ the 808 pack.
[ul]
[li]samples loaded with open slots between (what seems to be) category sounds. [/li]
[li]some of those open slots were assigned to sounds in kits. in other words, an empty sample slot was assigned to voice - volume up. for example, the kick in Kit 03 - GAMER and the kick in Kit 04 - LOAD$8.[/li]
[/ul]

also, the sysex uploaded several things that make me nervous…
[ul]
[li]several globals[/li]
[li]setting[/li]
[/ul]

did a reload. same issue. restarted analog rytm, and everything seems to be all good. confused.

The only viable way for me is to save the individual track sounds to the +Drive sound library.

The more I use my Analog Rytm the more I like the “sound” concept of settings + sample (if any) as a building block for new kits instead of seeing a sample as a preset.

I’ve made sounds of almost all kits in the straight808 soundpack and it’s really nice to have. Even if the settings for a sound is pretty much vanilla it’s comfortable to just use the sound browser and not have to care or know if the sound uses a sample or not. Gives me more focus on making drum beats and less of samples, sample slots and other kind of boring stuff.

Hi there, I have the same problem with the samples. There are some empty slots that are assigned in the patterns so no sounds on those tracks. I think this is a bug when uploading samples into projects because it happened to me before to have the empty slots in one project when I was loading samples.
Anyway sorry for my English :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and greetings from Spain!
Luca

And I forgot to say that the sounds are really great!! :slight_smile:

So I realised the empty sample positions are because it only have loaded 54 samples instead of 64. I tried to load the samples again but it always stops on the 54. Now I am loading from the 54 till the 64 one by one instead of selecting all. Seems to be the only way to go. Am i the only one having this issue?

restart?

Yeah, I did a restart, and I try several times to load the samples but there is always empty slots and only 54 samples. Did you manage to load the 64 samples?

try loading sysex first, then the samples.
do it clean.

i did get all 64 loaded.

initially all did load for me, just not in the right spot.

I managed to do it sample by sample from 54 till 64… everything is working now but is a bit weird… i am wondering if only us did have some problems, thanks for your help anyway! :+1:

Still having issues loading in the sample pack?

Try these steps,

1 Like

I saw the video and followed all steps in the pdf but for me 2 samples are missing (40 and 41) I only have 2 empty slots

following those steps still leads to the problem.

tried set delay ms in C6 config? 10ms might help

never heard what a real sid station sounded like, but i’ll take these as substitute for sure!

the samples remind me a lot of the drum sounds on bjork’s homogenic record back around '98. also, the scene and performance settings on the demo kits are really expressive!

awesome sound pack, thanks for making it available!