Show me your Elektron made post-punk/core, noise rock, shoegaze

Thanks! Enjoy - there’s a lot of blood sweat and tears went into that record :slight_smile:

https://rongallipoli.bandcamp.com/track/prison-architect

2 Likes

Interesting stuff!

I saw Jesus Lizard with Unsane and Cows in the mid-90’s. Definitely memorable.

2 Likes

I was getting nice OD from the strymon DECO, was because I stupidly sold it. It works wonders for the AK. Over the years any cheap used Boss OD/superOD works fine on a Korg polysix.

3 Likes

Oooooooooo :drooling_face:
Korg PolySix. Yummers!

Lots of great music here !
My main project involves A4/RY/OT and is on the punk/post-punk side of electronic music.
Our 2nd and just released Ep :

And the previous one :

5 Likes

Octatrack as main instrument plus bass guitar, drums, vocals

3 Likes

here’s a playlist from a few years ago, (really need to get back to sharing new stuff soon!)
leans more towards the noise/drone side of things but I think you can hear the shoegaze/metal influences -
primarily guitar + dist pedal processed through an OT, (Eventide H9 for reverb) and sometimes an aleph for looping extra guitar layers, any drums are sequenced samples of an old acoustic kit i have lying around …

around same time i also put out a small bandcamp release with more focused edits from the guitar/OT/aleph sketches

5 Likes

Wow I really dig this, the guitar tone is great.

1 Like

Thanks! It’s mainly a Jazzmaster through a Vox fyi

1 Like

This is really beautiful work. The more recent stuff on your Bandcamp is great as well. Will buy later today. I know it was a while ago, and not sure if you’re still using this setup, but could you go into any more detail about your workflow here? What’s the setup on OT? How much of it is live vs working with pre-recorded samples? Did you move onto Norns from Aleph? Was Aleph pre or post-OT? Sorry, lots of q’s.

In any case, really nice work.

Posting to remind myself to check this thread from time to time. Very relevant to my interests.

2 Likes

thanks so much for kind words!
haven’t been using that specific workflow for a while - kind of transitioned to processing the guitar through AUM on an ipad mainly, (early experiments here - https://on.soundcloud.com/HvvXm ) then using it alongside either the OT, a Blackbox or Digitakt depending on mood :slight_smile:
For those earlier tracks the workflow was fairly consistent though -
Guitar into a Fullbore Metal distortion pedal then into two neighbour tracks on the OT -
FX order was - LoFi -> Filter -> Comb -> DarkReverb.
then the Aleph and Eventide were on a cue send/return (Aleph was for low sample rate pitch shifting, a sound i’ve found hard to replicate on anything else!) and the Eventide on reverse reverb almost always!! ) . Whole mix often running through an RNLA. Generaly these are all live improvisitions that I edited down a bit, sometimes layering over sections with each other.
Planning to finally share some newer recordings soon, been trying things out at small concerts that I i’m almost ready to commit to tape :slight_smile:

1 Like