Show me what you got

Share some music you’re working on currently!
Doesn’t have to be Elektron gear (obviously this one isn’t) and can be any genre. This is something I made with some inspiration from the like of Teebs and Flying Lotus.

giphy|nullxnull

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwTGE3MAx2v/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=rl6eowyzzbht

6 Likes

Enjoyed that and the Rick and Morty reference!

Brought to mind Rings Around the World/Phantom Power era Super Furry Animals

1 Like

I’m currently into these two tracks (30 sec. of each):

maxresdefault

7 Likes

These are dope! I’ve been getting more and more interested in drum and bass lately and these help solidify that!

Thanks!! :smile: I try hard to improve as I don’t have many time (nor knowledge! hehe). I’m also working on a DT+DN liveset, they are truly awesome to make liquid tunes :smiling_imp:

Hope to see some dnb from you here soon then, this 404 need to chop some breaks!

1 Like

Love Liquid DNB! What’s the pattern to get the chika chikas right on DNB drum pattern by the way?

They are also my nightmare haha it depens on break type (minimal or heavy), I mainly work with multiple hihats (add a shaker if you like), “main” hihat in steps 3,7,9,15; then you can add another smoother hihats rolling all over the pattern (lfo to velocity/vol can help to make things move). This is the main idea, then you can experiment with some shaker as a “main” hihat for some cool chika chika, or adding mooore & mooore layers of different hihats or whatever in odd/rare steps, etc.

:smile:

P.S: oh I forgot! Also a ghost snare helps, one snare at step 8 and another at 10, these with low velocity or filtered for example to make them fit better with other percussions.

2 Likes

If you haven’t already you should checkout @GyZa and his DT+DN sets. Homie makes some great dnb tracks with that combo!

2 Likes

Now I’m going to be writing dnb drum patterns for the next two days! Thanks @mutt ! If you have any additional tips on Liquid DNB, lemme know. Probably my favorite sub genre of DNB. Yeah @GyZa makes some great stuff. The last stuff I heard him doing sounded a lot like EOD.

2 Likes

Awesome stuff, guys! Here’s some stuff I’ve been working on: https://timeprison.bandcamp.com/releases No Elektron gear used here, but I’m working on incorporating my newly acquired Model:Samples into some newer tracks I have in the works.

1 Like

Working on an EP of sorta dusky, weird, hip hoppyish stuff. Here’s the first one:

6 Likes

So I just gotta say… WOWEE! That was such a wide variety of sounds and styles! Do you compose for games and trailers, by any chance? Cause your tunes are really fitting for that type of work.

1 Like

Yo I love this! It sounds like a crossover of Monte Booker meets SAMIYAM a little bit. Definitely dig this. What gear are you working with currently?

1 Like

Thanks for the shout out peeps! @DataStrain @Cepheid
This video, the one before and my latest on IG show off some Break chopping. Hope to be able to record this one properly as it was so out of the blue and inspiring for me to jam with!

3 Likes

I don’t, but that’s definitely where I’m drawing some inspiration, so I’m glad it’s coming through. I’m just sort of dipping my toes back in the water after not creating any music for the past 15 years or so.

1 Like

I dig it. I’m getting kind of a Neptunes vibe from this

1 Like

Part of a liveset-overhaul to get the older material more in line with the newer material. This track - especially its bassline - has always been somewhat of a problem child, hard to make it sit right with the atmosphere of the previous and following tracks. Here’s a short snipped of a playthrough:

It’s Digitakt, DSI Tetra and several effect units.

3 Likes

Just playing around with two separate ideas on AR and DT (the latter with some small LaunchControlXL interfacing).

PS. All hail the godhead Cromulon, skyward now to rise!

2 Likes

Nice, your thread opening jam is v satisfying when the melody comes in.

Never heard of Monte Booker, will have to check’em out.
It was made with a RYTM, Logic and a Knas Ekhal Moitsturizer.

1 Like

Live DT beats

8 Likes