Should I trade Machinedrum for Virus Ti2 Polar?

I selling my Machinedrum SPS-1 , and someone is offering me a trade for Virus Ti2 Polar, and I would have to pay $250 between.

Now this sounds like a stellar deal to me since the Virus is going for $2000 on Reverb while the MD goes for $700.

So I’m just wondering. If there might be something fishy going on here. Does anyone know if there are any known faults with the Ti2 that I should keep an eye out for?

And I’m right to say this is a super good deal… Right?

take the deal

1 Like

the only thing I would say if that the VST part that you can use with your DAW has been known to be flakey with delay. But standalone it is a truely great synth, I would jump at that deal. Just make sure you try it out including all the controls.

Is it really a TI2 or just a TI?

It’s either a scam, a misunderstanding, or someone is very happy to throw away a thousand dollars.

1 Like

I’ve bought and sold the polar Ti2 for around £1200, and MD for around £1000, so sounds about right to me

Which model MD are we talking OP? I took it as being MK1 but it’s not actually clear.

I’m guessing for £1000 @Tokin_Tone must’ve sold a MK2 UW+

A lot of confusion around Machinedrum models, which might be a factor. This thread is handy if anyone’s confused.

1 Like

It was a Mk2 UW+

It’s indeed a Ti2, but the mod wheel is not working. But that can be disabled, and hopefully I can repair that. Anyone have experience with that?

The sound from this is pretty amazing I have to say.

MK1 non-UW+ in my case

1 Like