Should I get one?

This. I don t get people who use AH as a subtle master bus insert.

1 Like

No problem, I understand you and I’m agree. That why I resell it, I wanted a mastering tool to enhance the sound, and the Heat can do this job but for the money you can have much much better on computer. I’m not in performance, I use my DT to create only and the Heat doesn’t add creativity on a do it all machine if you want to keep something clear and not too destroyed, but yeah on a dedicated machine it can be cool.

I bought a licence of Studio One 4 with the money of the Heat and I’m very happy with it, just with the stock plugin inside you have everything to create and enhance your track.

The only thing I need now is talent. ^^

1 Like

You right, it’s a mistake !

I just got one, still finding things out. But I’m happy with my first setup I’m trying:

1. Heat as masterbus insert. Which is basically OT plus some things running through OT. See what it can do to spice up my sound subtly.
    &
  2. Headphone-out back into Octatrack input. Have already used this a few times now, to use more distorted/overdriven sounds just on specific elements of a track (just a synth lead, drum loop, or bassline), and resample them as loops into OT.

Which doesn’t force me to choose masterbus OR more specific uses. Plus easy enough without changing cables, so I might actually get it into my system/habits to use it not just as master coloring. Or so I hope:)

It seems a lot of money to add some warm grit to your music. For the reduced space on your desk you could get a Strymon FX pedal with a much smaller form factor.

2 Likes

I just sent an email to Perfect Circuit, I’ve been telling myself that this month is the month, and I should put my money where my mouth is if I’m encouraging others to scoop! Fingers crossed that they hook it up.

I’d say definitely go for it

It’s difficult to say as I can’t test it before buying. When I bought the DT and the DN I didn’t know neither if I’d use them or like them, even what exactly they were, but now I’m completely in love with them.

On the other hand, I’d not think of buying it now if this opportunity hasn’t arisen.

I didn’t feel like I need one either, but I found a MK1 locally for 400 euros and got it almost immediately.

It’s a great addition imo and it’s very flexible, there are many ways it can be used.

They are great value for money when buying used, imo.

I agree. Which is why I sold it :blush:

With all the online promotion, manuals and video reviews/demos one can get a pretty good picture before getting something, no? (Yes i m one of those people who reads manuals before buying something)

1 Like

Doesn’t sound warm enough for color, wouldn’t let it anywhere near my mixbus, that leaves an expensive distortion box, probably fun for some. For warmth/coloration on a budget I’d get a FET preamp or similar, or just run something through vintage outboard in bypass. For €550-700 you can get a whole bunch of stuff.

1 Like

You seem to forget about a little detail: its stereo multimode filter.

Oh and LFO, midi, cv, OB.

1 Like

Did i mention presets?

So does your music need these analogue effects more than the other gear that you listed? Or are you thinking of buying something that you don’t need because it’s cheaper than you expected?

5 Likes

Been guilty of this TOO MANY TIMES :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

You can get that for $35 on sale, so that one‘s easy, just wait for Black Friday sales

1 Like

I understand that this is a very good question, but I don’t have the knowledge/experience to answer.

Give me the box, and in 6 months I tell you :upside_down_face:

It is true that you can get a very approximate idea of what a device do by looking video tutorials and reading the manual, but I usually need to try a machine for a while myself. At least here I can get the vision of some of those who had tryied it first hand.

Thank you for all your answers!

Same sound with MKIs.
Around 400€ here in France.

Heat on the 2 bus makes everything sound amazing. In my case, without it on the OT, the OT sounds dead.

1 Like