Should I choose OT or MPC Live?

Wish I’d printed some OT and MPC shirts to sell at the game…

Both good probably OT weirder better deal?

Thoughts?

2 Likes

I will buy it. Decision made.

3 Likes

Agreed. What sells me is how streamlined the inter-connectivity of OTB/ITB workflow. Like, wow! The closest thing to OTOB

2 Likes

I still keep my OT i love it too much. But my OT have his sister in LAW :joy:

4 Likes

I’d definitely want to find out more information about how you could actually record into Logic/Ableton. If you’re opening it in 2.0 how is the routing to record into the DAW? When I tried to record Maschine in Logic it was very convoluted to try and get separate tracks. I presume you’re immediately opening up standalone projects in MPC software.I wonder how streamlined the integration is from that to DAWs.

I don’t like click and drag, I would prefer the freedom the be able to change parameters on the fly on my different tracks.

1 Like

Simple as export menu exactly like Ableton Live… Separate Tracks … that’s it

1 Like

ehh it’s so hard to decide which should i go for. On one hand MPC has what OT is lacking, but on the other hand OT has all this easy sample mangling abilities, para locks, external gear controls etc. Decisions decisions. Guess i’ll have to wait to see reviews of Live and its abilities.

Such a task to decide : D

3 Likes

But that’s like Maschine right? Where you’re only exporting the clips instead of in-the-moment jams, right?

1 Like

If you record you automations on your finished tracks and then export it’s ok. or you outputs your separate mix, JAM and record your performance.

1 Like

You can actually live record the separate tracks into a daw from MPC software? Without an intricate workaround?

You have 6 outputs. So one master / 4 mono outputs i guess you can really outputs separate tracks as you wish into a soundcard with the same amount of inputs and record your performance in real time multitracks. Or i misunderstood your question ? …

1 Like

I’m probably gonna be keeping my OT as well. BUT, I might be considering replacing my AR with this…

I keep my AR too it’s the brain of my LOW END frequencies :rocket:

4 Likes

I read somewhere you can open MPC 2.0 as a plug in in Ableton much like the way Mashine works.

1 Like

Both!
Use mpc for simple drums and poly synth sounds,
Separate outs into octatrack for sequenced effects, cross fader etc.
Add mangled mono loops for percussion, bass and lead in octatrack
All you would need is a sample source, iPad would do great!

3 Likes

Oh snap. I forgot about the outputs(damn you maschine for not having that!). Still, the notion of software to software live recording make me nervous. I suppose I’ll have to do a bit more work with ableton. I need to get used to session view and apply that to my natural process.

Another question. If I were to run something like MPC in session view. Can I automate the parameters of the plugin and record into project view as though I were just playing in the plug-in naturally?

1 Like

I know in Logic it was an absolute nightmare

No doubt Yes. Contrary will be very strange.

1 Like

I’ll have to try to play around with that with Maschine tonight! Thanks!

1 Like