After some time making music with a DT as a first step into Elektronland, I finally sold it to get an OT. Inspired by the One Year Study thread, this thread will document my adventures in Octaland and the music created during the travel from Octanoob to (hopefully) Octasorcerer.
First steps in this adventure:
Not taking advantages of the beast’s full potential yet, but I learnt:
- how to sample
- how to edit / slice / save
- how to use static, flex and neighbor machines
- how to sequence some slices
- how to configure the crossfader to go from scene to scene
- how to resample the whole shebang in a recorder to get a “DONE!” track.
Not too bad for now.