Shedding "Flocking" series

Hello, it’s taken a little while, but 62 micro-songs from a 2018 tour with Josh Mason are being released on the wonderful label Fluf out of Copenhagen. Just figured I’d make a little post about it.

These are two track single-cycle waveform improvisations on an Octatrack using a third track to capture those sounds occasionally and simulate a tape reel. Nothing sequenced. I have some 2019 flocking material from a couple summer shows that I’m still trying to find a home for in time for a few west coast US shows with Josh this summer. This is a loose theme I’ve explored on and off for about five years.

You can listen and order if you feel inclined at the Fluf Bandcamp page here:

Shuffling is encouraged :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve been listening to this today as I’m on the mailing list, really liking it, some great stereo ear bending work, love it!
Need to download so I can shuffle it up :+1:t3: Pre-ordered :yum:
Interesting methods, thanks for the info on the process.

2 Likes

Thanks for listening. More flock studies on the way! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll be waiting!

Just an update, but Superpang released an album I sculpted almost entirely from my live sets in Chicago and Milwaukee last summer. Solo OT, mostly single cycle waveforms but a handful of other samples in there too as I explored new possibilities within the ‘flocking’ approach.

Still no sequencing / never press play.

1 Like

Oh mate! My bro and a few mates were discussing the ‘Flocking’ album only yesterday and couldn’t agree if it was the OT or not but I swore blind it was, just came here to search and boom! more info!
Congrats on the superpang release, busy label :grin:
I’ll buy next BCfriday :wink: :+1:

Edit @sellanraa do you have any vidlinks to any of the gigs these great peices were performed at?
Really great sounds :hugs:

Hello, thanks for listening and enjoying. It’s always nice to know you’re not in total isolation when you make weirdo music.

No substantive video that I know of and really there is nothing to see but a boring dude standing at a table with a little box on the table.

More flocking eventually hopefully :slight_smile: